Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leigh86 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 03:46 AM
    Can you put a child support lien on a car that has two diff pople on the title?
    We bought a van and come to find out it has a title lien on this from the child support office. The title have I guess the father that owes child support and his girl friend. Can they really take the van from us. The title had nothing on it stating that there was a lien. We had no idea, How do we go about getting this cleared up..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 7, 2010, 05:47 AM
    I assume this was a private party sale and not a dealer? If private party, and the seller gave you a title that has been superceded by a new one showing the lien, then your complaint is with the seller for fraud. Take it to small claims, or if over the claims amount limit, call the police for grand larceny. They may not be willing to handle it and tell you it's a civil matter, meaning you still have to sue.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'two different people on the title.' I hope you didn't buy it from one when the other is the owner of record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put a lien on ex's home -child support violation [ 10 Answers ]

We have been to court numerous times regarding child support payments. He told the court for each of the 3 appearances ago that he had the children on a life insurance policy as mandated by the court. He has failed to show proof of that. I know he does not have it. Can I put a lien on his home...

Boyfriends child support put a lien on my bank account [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a real big mess! My boyfriend and I live together for about 9 years and child support is garnishing his paycheck for about 600 per month, which has put a terrible hardship on us. It's only for one child. The child's mother left the state and we do not know where she is living. He does...

Can lien be put against car for credit card debt? [ 1 Answers ]

I had surgery 2 years ago and couldn't work for a few months. Up until that point I had excellent credit and paid my bills and credit cards on time. I had to stop making payments on cars with high minimum payments just to keep ahead of my other obligations. I now have a lawyer harassing me over a...

Lien on Car or Motorcyle due to lack of child support payments [ 1 Answers ]

My Ex husband has not paid child support in quite awhile. He owns a truck and Harley Davidson motorcyle. The courts cannot find him because he has no known address. Lives with other people. Only works for cash. Can I put a lien on his truck and motorcycle. He does have these registered. ...

Charging lien vs child support lien [ 3 Answers ]

In 1997 when I divorced I was given the marital house to live in until our child turned 18. My ex's attorneys put a charging lien for fees on my (ex's interest) of the marital home. When our child turns 18 I was to sell the house and my ex had to pay me all that he owes me and we were to split any...

View more questions Search