Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariamarie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 08:35 PM
    What are your reasons for skin lightening?
    These are honestly the only reasons you should be lightening.

-Hyperpigmentation
    -Diseases
    -Dark spits
    -Facial Blemishes
    -Tan that never went away
    -Discoloration (uneven skin tone)

As a person who suffers from skin discoloration It truly does piss me off when I see some people make post on here saying "Hmmm..well I want to be one shade lighter" or anything of that nature!That is sickening and skin lightening is not meant for those purposes.& how dare any of you compare skin lightening to tanning.They're TWO completely different things.Tanning is natural,yeah there's booths for it,but people don't tan to be "more approachable" or "better."They do it off and on & not to feel any "higher status" is society.& then there's some people on here who try to make HQ sound completely safe.I suppose HQ can be safe when it is in a low percentage & is monitored for people who have SKIN PROBLEMS only.HQ has a rebound effect,meaning long term usage could result in you ending up darker than you were before.

SOME people on here should truly be ashamed of themselves.I said some because I know there are some people on here who truly do have skin problems like me.& then there's the people on here who have this attitude," Well it's my skin and I have the right to do what I want with it." Yeah that is true.But just know you that you have no confidence at all & just pathetic.You're the person who thinks "I need to be light to be pretty," or "I want to be light so guys/or girls will approach me."But hey, am a believer in what goes around comes around.What harsh things you do to your skin now,will affect you in the future,& you will DESERVE it.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Nov 7, 2010, 08:14 AM

I beg to differ.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 13, 2010, 01:53 PM

I totally agree with Violaename when I say I beg to differ. Go away mariamarie.
    Diamondeyes10 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Nov 14, 2010, 10:43 PM

Okay... this post will definitely start some commotion. One thing to remember is only God can judge me as I stand before him on that final day. Your reason for doing things will always be different from someone else’s. So rather right or wrong instead of trying to change the world and its views it is best to focus on your own reasons and skin. You can talk, preach and suggest until you are blue in the face but if people are bent on doing something there’s no stopping them. Question to you... the same things these so called people are using to get their skin lighter aren't you or someone with skin problems using the same products? I have a disease and have bad skin problems at times so I know from experience the need for such products. My doctor prescribes HQ 4% for short term usage but once it works when I stop my color probably will change back unless I find something else to keep it that way. And it doesn’t bother me that someone wants to make their skin a little lighter. Good for them if that’s what they like because you only live once and they will find out if they are pleased with their choice and decision. But I think most people have done a lot of research and aren't using harmful products anymore like products that contain steroids and mercury. You do still have some who do use HQ 10 and 20%, mono and mequinol. But if used short tern it should harm the skin or body. But mostly I see people are using HQ 3 and 4% with RA. With is a safer route. Then once they reach their desired goal they only use it for maintenance. Since you have skin discoloration what products are you using to correct them and do they have long term effects associated with the usage?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 06:29 AM

Aren't you using the same skin products to look better, Mariamarie?

I mean, skin disorder or not, you're using the products to achieve a COSMETIC result, right? It doesn't actually make the disorder go away, it just makes your skin look better?

Then who are YOU to judge? You're using the SAME products for the SAME reasons: to look better in society's eyes.

PS--it's the same reason people wear makeup and use hair spray, imo.
    Diamondeyes10 Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2010, 07:35 AM

Synnen... That's exactly the same question I asked. No matter what reason for doing it we will use the same products with basically the same results and will get the same short or long term effects.
    mariamarie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2010, 01:54 AM
    Like I said,this message was not to everyone,I understand people have skin problems like me.this message WAS DIRECTED to people with NORMAL skin trying to be lighter.I'm using products on my skin to become my NATURAL color. I would LOVE to be my natural color.The color I was born with.That's the difference.Makeup,hair spray is in a COMPLETELY different ball park than skin lightening :\ You wipe make up off at the end of the day.You wash your hair at the end of the day.As I browsed around on here these people are trying to be light as long as they can.But Diamondeyes is completely right,God is the official judger.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 4, 2010, 07:23 AM

Okay, hair dye, then. It doesn't wash out at the end of the day, and you're only trying to achieve your natural hair color, right?

"natural" means that you have nothing affecting it--no medication, dyes, whatever. The skin you were "born with" is the one with the disease, and you're changing it for cosmetic reasons.

Please also keep in mind that many black people are "born" with exceedingly fair skin. Doesn't that mean they're trying to get back to the color they are "born with"?

YOU are being judgmental.

Look, I don't always get it either because black skin is so beautiful to me. But it's not the skin I live in every day, so I can't tell anyone what to do with their own skin--as long as they are doing it SAFELY.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Dec 4, 2010, 03:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mariamarie View Post
    Like I said,this message was not to everyone,I understand people have skin problems like me.this message WAS DIRECTED to people with NORMAL skin trying to be lighter.I'm using products on my skin to become my NATURAL color. I would LOVE to be my natural color.The color I was born with.That's the difference.Makeup,hair spray is in a COMPLETELY different ball park than skin lightening :\ You wipe make up off at the end of the day.You wash your hair at the end of the day.As I browsed around on here these people are trying to be light as long as they can.But Diamondeyes is completely right,God is the official judger.

... you wash makeup at the end of the day,wash your hair at the end of the day... Get dark when you stop lightening at the end of the day too...
    See... this whole thing just makes no sense!
    What are you talking about? What about permanent make up that can't be washed off at the end of the day? Tattoos? Isn't all that for the sake of beauty?
    Whatever reasons people have to lighten is their pot of soup.
    What about people who tan?The complete opposite of lightening... what can you say about that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bio claire skin lightening cream crème how lond does it take to lightening your skin [ 1 Answers ]

Bio claire crème how long does it take to lightening your skin where in jamaica can I get it to buy

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

View more questions Search