Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 04:49 PM
    Polishing Engineered Wood Floor Plank
    My sister has Brazilian Cherry / La Paz / Engineered Plank / floating hardwood flooring installed over plywood (raised foundation). After an unfortunate accident, she had to replace 3 planks right in the middle of her living room. Original flooring is ultra-high gloss while the 3 newly installed planks are low sheen. She wants to achieve same high gloss effect on the new planks so they blend in with the existing floor. Question: Is there any product she could apply to the new planks to raise their sheen? If positive, can you advice us as to how to apply it and how to polish it up ? Appreciate your output. Milo
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Nov 7, 2010, 07:14 AM

Hey Milo...

I think there are a few tricks you could try on some scrap pieces, but that being said, most engineered laminate flooring finishes are manufactured characteristics that really can't be modified in the long run... why they last so long.

I would call the specific manufacturer of the flooring and discuss this with them.

Good luck with it... always nice when we can help our sisters out of a jam... :)

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ripping up carpet and polishing floor boards [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, how difficult is it to rip up carpet and polish floor boards? Can I do it myself?

Staple engineered wood flooring into floor leveler [ 0 Answers ]

Can you staple engineering wood flooring into floor leveler that has been poured on a 3/4 plywood subfloor.

Floating Engineered Wood Floor Repair [ 2 Answers ]

I have a floating engineered wood floor in a hallway. One corner of one wood board has popped up (since there is no edge groove at that point of the board). I wonder if I should try to glue the corner of the board or use some other mean to fix it. What type of glue would you recommend?

Direction wood plank flooring should be laid [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing vinyl tiles that look like wood planks, should I lay them the length of the rooms or should I try to make the space seem wider by laying them the width of the space?

View more questions Search