Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salma1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 09:17 AM
    Duties of a Daughter
    Asak Mr.Zakir Naik,I have a small question, I just want to know if the duties of a daughter are different than of a son towards his/her parents ? Does a daughter after getting married has to stop obeying her parents and should give first priority to her in laws and husband, I do understand that its my duty to respect my husband's wishes but what Father in law and Mother In Law , do I have to give make them as my first priority ? And what are the responsibilities or duties of a Son-in-law towards my parents ? Please let me know the following answers, I would be very thankfull to you.Jazakalla khair
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 6, 2010, 11:43 AM
    My Dear, I have a feeling that you are asking a question regarding protocol of your race and/or religion. I am not able to speak to that in particular, however I can tell you in general what is right.
    Now that you are married, you first priority is your husband. You and he will make decisions together regarding every aspect of your life together. Your parents nor his parents should have no say in those decisions. You may choose to ask for advice from any of them, and you choose whether to take the advice that is offered.
    You should treat your parents and his parents with honor and respect and he should do the same. Unless you live with one set of parents you are not obligated to "obey" any of them. If you do live with them, you should respect the rules of their household and participate with the upkeep and chores of the home.
    You and your husband are a family all your own now, separate from both sets of parents. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duties of an executor [ 3 Answers ]

Mother=in-law died and the home she had is to be divided between 7 children. Oldest son, who is also the executor, wants to buy the house from the rest of the benes. He is living in the home since January, 2008 and is not paying rent to anyone. In August of 2008everyone agreed on a price that he...

Landlord duties [ 9 Answers ]

My family and I moved into a house about a week and a half ago. We rent in Ohio. We offered to clean the house ourselves before moving in, because the landlord lives in Indiana, and we were only 10 minutes away from our new house. Plus we wanted to get it done so that we could move in sooner. They...

View more questions Search