Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracey11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 12:36 PM
    How to I attach a wooden fence to an existing chain link swinging gate.
    Please give details: tools needed. Type of wooden fence. It's just a swinging chain link gate leading to backyard. I just want to cover the chain link fence with wood. Measure the chain link gate . Then what do I do next?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2010, 12:43 PM

You don't have to ask twice in so short a time. We are all volunteers here.

Go to your local hardware, tell them what you want to do and they will give you all the fittings. You only need scewdrivers, and a hammer and the hardware they provide.

Tick
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2010, 09:14 AM

I covered my 4 foot chain link fence with 6 foot shadow box fencing. Used 3x5 posts bolted to chain link upper and lower rails with "U " bolts. Attached wood fence to posts with exterior screws.

Looks and works great.

Chuck
    tfrost19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2012, 10:04 AM
    Creahands- Any chance of sending a picture?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I build a 10 by 6 inch chain link fence gate for a diorama? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a diorama due in one week, and I need to make a chain link fence. How do/Can I build it without metal, or wire?The size should be 10 by 6 inches.

How to attach a wooden fence to a 4ft wall [ 1 Answers ]

I have built a 4ft drystone wall and I wanted to add a 3ft fence on top to make it higher what should I attach it with?

Chain Link Fence Gate [ 3 Answers ]

We need to build some sort of gate to keep our dogs in. The best idea was a swinging chainlink gate on a wheel. The space we are gating , we need to access ir for cars as well. We had a estimate from a contracto and it was outrageous. I saw some 100 feet of used chainlink with a few posts for $75....

View more questions Search