Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pkfitz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 10:16 AM
    Correct grammar... A block of rooms has been reserved... or have been reserved??
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 6, 2010, 11:57 AM
    Take out "of rooms" and what would you say? A block has been reserved. A block of rooms has been reserved.
    A "block" is singular - one.
    Or, you could say Twenty rooms (plural) have been reserved.
    kacey11344 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2010, 09:41 PM
    ... has been reserved. If you are ever in doubt, read it just as subject and verb. For example a block has been reserved.. not a block have been reserved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Correct grammar [ 2 Answers ]

Is it correct to say "should i ask for anyone in specific?"

Does she really love me after almost 4 years? She's says she's reserved. [ 3 Answers ]

Sorry for the long story just been a long relationship. Im so confused I've now been with my well nearly 4 years. I met her when I was 24 and she was 18. Its been the perfect relationship. She is a university student and I sjustabout to finish up her degree and I think that's great. Ive been...

Shy, reserved puppy [ 4 Answers ]

We just brought home a retreiver, newfoundland mix puppy 2 days ago. He is very shy, and will go to a corner and cower when new people come in. He has totally bonded with me to the point that he will follow me everywhere, but as yet, has not bonded with my husband. We are both home all day. He...

View more questions Search