Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivanh Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Nov 5, 2010, 01:31 PM
    More education
    Can an old timer like me (55 years old) go back to school and get funding like Pell grants and stuff? The Internet research I've done seems to attract a lot of scoudrals(online schools) that I just don't trust. What's the real deal on back to school scholarships for old guys.I have a BSME in engineering, but prefer to get into tech and web stuff for a few years before I'm put out to pasture.

P.S. These days I'm skeptical of the hype the internet pushes, i.e , Obama money etc. sound like pipe dreams, whatdoya think?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 01:51 PM

Please go to your local library and talk with a reference librarian. There are books and databases on scholarships and grants, and how to get them. There may be inexpensive certificate programs at your local community college and also grants available at certain colleges. (ALL of this info is FREE, by the way. DO NOT buy info regarding scholarships.)

Are you interested in a bricks-and-mortar college or an online one?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2010, 06:12 PM

If you are wanting online schools, check out some of the state colleges, many are offering a lot of classes online now aday.

Also if you see adds about "obama money" run, the grants and loans have been here for years, and it is government money not his.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Life's education or Formal Education - Which is more valuable, and why? [ 7 Answers ]

I know both are equally valuable on their own, but what if a person had to choose one or the other? I'm curious about how others view individuals that have had to make this decision.

I need a Education [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I`m just wondering I can't find a job or a school to get my ged in lawrence ma is to hard nowhere need more people so if I am on probation can I go to jobcorp to get my education ?

Education [ 1 Answers ]

What would be an approximate weight of a cubic yard of trash.

View more questions Search