Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Yudine Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 09:50 AM
    How do I create shadow area simulation?
    I am trying to calculate possilbe shadow areas of buildings in a city of which I have the building heights, sun angle and azimuth. Is there any software for this kind of simulation work, and if you can explain a little bit for me.
    Alethia312 Posts: 45, Reputation: 5

May 13, 2011, 05:25 AM
    Look up Shadow Analyzer Software and choose the best program for your need.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2011, 10:50 AM
    According to this particular Shadow Analyzer Software option, you can determine the shadow objects cast for use in shadow effect analysis and solar panel installation, taking into account time of day, season, and geographical latitude.

You can also use this particular type of software to see how shadows fall inside buildings. The example above is a standalone application, there are others that are add-ons to CAD software systems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shadow area calculation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to calculate the possilbe areas of shadow from buildings in a city. I have the buildings heights, sun angle and azimuth but I'm still not getting a way to come up with this possible shadow areas. Is there anyone with a way to go about this or has done this before. Would be...

A shadow of a shadow person? [ 2 Answers ]

First, I'll set the scene. I'm laying down on my bed on my left side facing my window blinds. On the other side of the room was my digital clock that shined a bright light onto the blinds and it was about two or three in the morning. SO... I suddenly awoke out of a deep sleep for no apparent...

View more questions Search