Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ldobso1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Dogs sleep walking and urinating in their sleep?
    My dog is 14. She has urinated in her sleep three times. But the last one concerned me... she got up frantically and ran around the room, then into the wall. It startled her and she laid down and began urinating. I was looking at her and its like she didn't even realize she was doing it. She then kind of came to and seemed upset.

Can dogs sleep walk? Can they get dementia or alheizmers?
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Nov 5, 2010, 05:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ldobso1 View Post
    CAN DOGS SLEEP WALK? CAN THEY GET DEMENTIA OR ALHEIZMERS?
    Dogs can suffer from senility as they age. From your description of what occurred, I suspect your dog might have had a mini stroke. Not knowing the breed (if large breed, at 14 she is a very old girl), what her history is, or being unable to examine her, whatever I tell you will only be a guess. Please bring her in to your veterinarian for a full check up and evaluation. He/she is in the best position to tell you what is happening with your girl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog urinating in sleep [ 3 Answers ]

My dog urinates in her sleep only. How can I get her to stop?

Urinating during sleep [ 1 Answers ]

We have a 2 year old German Shorthair Pointer, spayed. She's high energy and can go for hours without rest. Every now and then she urinates while sleeping. She has been checked for UTI. What should be do next?

Sleep Walking [ 2 Answers ]

Why should you never wake up a SLeep Walker? How is it even caused? It seems rather weird to walk and sleeeeep

Dog urinating in her sleep [ 2 Answers ]

Lately our dog has been urinating in her sleep. She is a very well trained 5 year old, and this seems to be a new problem. What could be causing her to do this?

View more questions Search