Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ultralex Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 09:25 AM
    How do I get the money from an individual after I won the law suit?
    I won in a property damage law suit in small claims court in San Antonio Tx. And, the lady paid 1 payment of 100.00 on a 1200.00 bill and stopped. I need to collect some other legal way. What is that way?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 09:56 AM

Go back to the court and file for a Writ of Garnishment... then you can collect from most any asset they have... like bank accounts etc... wages. If she lives on SSI and has no accounts you might find it hard to collect.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2010, 10:17 AM

Yes, winning in small claims is fairly easy, actually getting your money is another issue. You will have to find out where they work or where they bank and attempt to garnish their checking account for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do about someone trying to lie and extort money from my via a law suit? [ 6 Answers ]

My insurance company settled a claim against me whereas I tapped a car at a red light. The lady got out and started pointing to damage that was already there and the police officer reported he saw no problems. She started limping when the officer and ambulance showed up. They checked her out and...

Can I file a law suit on a person that owes me money [ 1 Answers ]

This person that owes me money has a late execution on her and she does not responed to the letters,what is next

Pay taxes on a law suit won [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to pay taxes on a lawsuit that I won

I won a law suit [ 1 Answers ]

I won a law suit against someone in Georgia. They are refusing to pay the debt and I need to know how to set up wage garnishments against them. They live in GA. And work for Wal Mart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search