Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mhornback Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 08:52 AM
    I have a misdemeanor warrant 3.5 yrs since issued how do I expunge it?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 08:54 AM

Have your day in court over what it was issued for in the first place. Until you do that the warrant remains valid.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 08:55 AM

You don't. A warrant is good forever. If you're ever stopped for speeding or a broken tailight expect to be taken into custody.
    mhornback Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 09:05 AM
    Been stopped misdemeanor warrant showed up cop said stay out of Florida and released me.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 09:10 AM

Hello m:

You were lucky. Next time you might not be... As you've been told, you can't expunge a warrant.. The only way to make it go away, is to turn yourself in to that county.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why was a warrant issued on my boyfriend [ 15 Answers ]

Cadillac59... Actually my boyfriend was arrested on child abandonment charges a few months ago. He never took a paternity test or anything. A girl said that the baby was his and since he never claimed the baby or went with her to take a test a warrant was issued and he was arrested. While I feel...

What exactly happens when there is an arrest warrant issued for you? [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Toronto, Ontario (Canada). I want to know exactly what happens after an arrest warrant is issued for you. Typically, how many police officers would be at your door? Do they have the right to break the door and enter if you don't answer (for example, sleeping)? Are ETF (Emergency Task...

How long before a warrant is issued for unpaid fines? [ 2 Answers ]

My son was fined on a (I believe bogus) assault charge. He set a court hearing date to get the fine lowered. He missed the date (today) because his car broke down and when he got to the court house, they were closed. Will a warrant be issued right away? We leave for England on Monday. Is there an...

Will there be a warrant issued? [ 30 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I have been out of my parents house for almost a month. They are following through with what they have to do legaly to account for me. Im not a runaway, I was technically kicked out. Today they are in court as we speak for the accouring situation and a chins law statement. I...

Violated Probation, but a warrant hasn't been issued. [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently arrested for DUI, however I am on probation. I realize the new charge is a cause for violating my probabtion even if I feel the charge will be dismissed. I don't have a VOP warrant as of 7/11/2008. I have my very FIRST meeting with my P.O. on Monday. So my questions are after I tell...

View more questions Search