Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Neetah18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Car Registration Question
    I live in Georgia and I recently purchased a car via an auto loan. My mom is first on the car and my name is second. After having the car for 30 days I was told by a lady at the dealership that the car could not be registered in my name alone it had to be registered under both my mom and I. Is this true? Before answering my question I also want to add that I had a previous car (which I traded for this one) and the loan was set up the same way, my mom first and me second, and the car WAS registered in my name alone. Can anyone offer any advice or who should I talk to??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 4, 2007, 11:55 AM
    The question is whose name is on the loan? If mom is the primary borrower then that's why.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Vehicle registration - property protection [ 5 Answers ]

My spouse is unemployed and stays home with the kids. The house is in my name due to her prior credit history and I have a excellent paying job. Would I protect my personal assets by registering her car solely in her name. I read somewhere that if she caused an accident and was sued - they can...

Changing Registration Information [ 4 Answers ]

Guys, I've been building a new laptop for my General manager and I've stuffed the registration information that is displayed on computer properties (right click 'my computer' > properties). Is there any way of changing it without a rebuild. Running XP sp2 on an Ultra Light Thinkpad X40. Cheers

View more questions Search