Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cancer1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Invitation Wording
    We are having an evening reception, starting at 7:30. Very small afternoon wedding, very large reception.

We are not serving dinner, instead will provide a lot of our favorite appetizers and refreshments (an outlandish list of eclectic items)...

A couple of friends have suggested that the 7:30 start time implies that a sit-down meal will be served. I disagree, but I don't want there to be any confusion or embarrassment for our guests or us when the time comes.

How can the invitation be worded to subtly inform people what to expect?

Btw, the location promotes walking around or sitting in small groups, it is not going to have rows of tables at all.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2007, 11:32 AM
    How about something like this:

Please join us at our casual reception at 7:30 p.m. at such-and-such location for an eclectic array of hors dourves and refreshments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Invitation [ 4 Answers ]

If there is no phone number on the invitation to respond to and the invitation says "The favor of a reply is requested" does that mean you have to hand write a response? Blueeyes

Invitation [ 1 Answers ]

Could you tell me what the proper punctuation should be in the following sentence: "come join us on Wednesday 8th of November 2006 at 5pm.

Wording and layout of a web site- Please suggest Books. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I'm trying to find a book or some sort of info that will teach me the best way to word a web site. Also something that will teach me the best way to lay out a web site. E.g. putting links on certain parts of the page and how many etc. There are some sites that look a lot more...

View more questions Search