Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbudish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 11:09 PM
    Can I sign an acknowledgement of paternity if I'm not the father?
    I want to sign my girlfriends daughters birth certificate and become her father. She already calls me dad and know no other father as he wants nothing to do with her. Can I do this with out getting in trouble?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2010, 04:10 AM

No. You would be committing perjury. An acknowledgment of paternity is a legal document and swearing falsely is perjury. If the bio father challenges your paternity there could be trouble.

Marry your girlfriend and adopt the child.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 07:46 AM

No. That would be a fradulent act. Is the bio father not on the birth certificate?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to take away paternity rights from my child's father and father agrees [ 3 Answers ]

I want to terminate paternity rights, my sons father does not pay child support & I am not seeking any. He has little or no involment in my sons life. How do we go about terminating paternity?

Can a man sign over his rights without a dna test to prove paternity? [ 1 Answers ]

The father of my boys now all of a sudden does not believe they are his but refuses to take a DNA test and has threatened all sorts of legal action (I am sure to make everything dramatic and tie me up in court to spite me). Since now he does not want them anyway and he is not on the birth...

Big paternity mess legal father is not bio father [ 29 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up I had a one night stand with my ex. Called my boyfriend the next morning and told him about it. Two months later I found out I was pregnant. We went to the dr. asked the probable conception date and we were sure we slept together that day, but it was always slightly...

Fighting an acknowledgement of paternity [ 6 Answers ]

My son signed an acknowledgement of paternity in Ohio and died within a year of his son's 1st birthday. We are questioning the paternity. Is there a way we could fight the acknowledgement and get a dna test through the court?

Father denying paternity? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 20 year old wife and mother of two girls. My mother got pregnant with me when she was 15 years old and my biological father skipped out on her. I have never seen or met him but have recently located a last known address for him. I plan on going to see him in the near future but I am...

View more questions Search