Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobgrant Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 06:32 PM
    If a friend asks me to follow his wife to see if she is cheating, am I guilty of frau
    One of my friends asked me to follow his wife to see if she was cheating. Am I guilty of fraud and impersonation?
    rosey11 Posts: 4, Reputation: -2

Nov 3, 2010, 06:44 PM
    Kind of
    bobgrant Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 06:49 PM

Why
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 07:06 PM

What type of fraud, perhaps guilty of poor taste and judgement, perhaps working as a PI without a license. But I don't see a fraud, unless you accepted money, told him you would and then did not do it
    wvguy1986 Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Nov 4, 2010, 03:43 AM
    Without a license to practice Private Investigation, I would surely say your guilty of stalking, If she has no idea you we're checking her out or following her I see no further reason to worry, If nothing is said or done your good, if she wanted to file stalking charges she can, Without a proper license to actually investigate someone's demeanor and actions = serious consequences
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobgrant View Post
    am i guilty of fraud and impersonation?
    Hello bob:

No.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2010, 03:57 AM

If she notices you she could charge with stalking as noted. But the only way you could be accused of fraud or impersonation is if you claimed to your friend that you were a PI. Or, if she caught you and you identified yourself as a PI.

Based on what you have said I don't see any.

However, Stalking can be a serious business. If she notices you, she can find a police officer and point you out. You could be arrested and, unless your friend testifies that he asked you to follow her, you could be in big trouble.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 08:41 AM

No, but it certainly sounds like you're guilty of stalking (or whatever the technical term for it in legal parlance is.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I kissed my friend and feel guilty [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 4 months. When he met me he knew what I was all about. Most of my friends are males. I grew up with a group of boys (I was a tomboy growing up, not anymore.. lol) and am still friends with them 'till this day. My best friend is a male for goodness sakes. My boyfriend...

Follow up on mom cheating on dad [ 2 Answers ]

This is a follow up question about my mom cheating on my dad and who should I tell... I told my mom tonight with the condition that she tell my dad that night (so that she didn't take off with the money) and if she had left the house, I'd have told my dad immediately. She tried to tell me that it...

Friend asks me out [ 4 Answers ]

OK that guy who asked me out a while back and now were good friends, he kind of told me was about to ask me out we were text messaging we were texting about how he kind of has a promblem with me liking him even though he's never talked to or even seen the guy he asked me weather I still was in...

View more questions Search