Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicknatpatywack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 06:06 AM
    Can I file for a dissolution of marriage if I am pregnant with another mans child
    I have been separated with my husband for over a year and I am currently pregnant with another mans child can I get a dissolution of marriage in the state of Florida? What type of divorce do I need and what kind of paperwork?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2010, 07:10 AM

The grounds for a dissolution of marriage (what FL calls a divorce) is that the marriage is irretrievably broken. Living a part and having a child by another man would probably qualify.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 03:36 PM

You will need to check with your state, in many you may not get a divorce while pregnant. You may file but it would be on hold till the child is born.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2010, 08:10 AM

The fact that you're pregnant with another man's child won't change the usual divorce procedure for your state. You file a motion for divorce in your local Family Court for your county of residence. An experienced Family Law attorney can advise you on what paperwork to file and what your rights and responsibilities are. It will be necessary for paternity to be established for your as-of-yet unborn child. Your lawyer can help you navigate that as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dissolution of military marriage [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is in the Navy in Okinawa, Japan. Prior to her being stationed there, she married a boy she met while in Basic Training in Great Lakes, Illinois. He had some health problems and was discharged from the Navy soon after the marriage took place. Try as she might, she was not allowed by the...

View more questions Search