Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Nov 3, 2010, 05:02 AM
    Freedom of Information - For subscribers from USA
    Hi All,

Strange question possibly!

It was difficult deciding which AMHD category niche to ask this question in.

I am a UK Citizen & live in the UK.

Even though I am not a US Citizen am I still entitled to apply for, and receive information & documents which have been released by the USA Government under their Freedom of Information Acts?

Any help & info will be greatly appreciated.

Poseidon
    phlid0r Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2010, 06:44 PM
    It really depends on which agency you need that information from, and the nature of the information. In most cases they charge for the provision of information so I can't see them turning down overseas business :o)

You can request some data electronically online, but requests for personal information has to be done by post. For more info, and probably a conclusive answer, you can check their website:

http://www.state.gov/m/a/ips/
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Nov 14, 2010, 01:29 AM
    Comment on phlid0r's post
    Thank you for your excellent answer. I am not sure which department I will need to get information from but I beleve it is likely to be the military. Poseidon (Cy)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Information about visas in USA [ 2 Answers ]

Information about visas in USA like w2, corp-corp, 1099

Information on passport and visa to USA from Gyana [ 1 Answers ]

Information on passport and visa to USA from Gyana

Freedom of information act [ 2 Answers ]

Im currently requesting a clearance document from a government funded program. This clearance form is signed by me and my former landlord and is turned into the program case worker. When I requested a copy(for legal purposes) the case worker said that she was unsure that they can give me a copy. Is...

Information on universities in USA [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am very happy to be in "Ask me help desk" My daughter is in school final now and will be completing by March 2007, she wants to pursue a career in Bio Tech in USA. Could some one please advise me the American unversities offering undergraduate Programme in Bio Tech. Thanks &...

View more questions Search