Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Nov 2, 2010, 07:09 PM
    The name of this 'magic' liquid that makes a watch work.
    Hi guys.
    Some time ago,I bought this beautiful watch from some shop.When I got home,I realised it was not ticking.So I thought it was the battery.I took it to a repairer to replace the watch and he did... but it wasn't still working.I was so upset because the watch was so so pretty.But guess what? He just smiled and said it was OK.
    He used a brush,dipped it into some liquid and slightly brushed it at the back where the battery fits.And in no time,the watch began ticking again!
    When I asked him what he did,he said "watched too need some 'water' to drink"
    But I am back again to square one because my pretty watch has stopped and its not the battery.I have tried to find the name of the liquid the man used to no avail.
    Does anyone know about this? Any idea?
    Thanks!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2010, 07:34 PM
    Nice avatar. Got to love a sexy neck and little buttons. I'm an idiot guy. Just the truth. Moving on...

So my question is whether there was some corrosion on the terminals that he removed... acidic liquids like vinegar can do this... I've done it with coke (soda) with a car battery terminal that was isolated from corrosion.

Is it a new watch? Can you get the back off and get access to the battery? What is the make and model?

Nov 2, 2010, 10:51 PM

Thanks ''idiot guy".lol
    Funny! I though about using vinegar on it just today!!
    It's a PRG watch.It looks something like this(the one in the middle).

PRG Watch Manufactory Ltd

But it is a little wider.I loved it because it looked more like a fanciful bracelet.Each time I wore it,I didn't need any other jewelry on.

It was a new watch when I bought it... was November last year.I have worn it just twice.There was no corrosion.
    When I took it to him to repair,he first thought it was the battery.Changed it,it didn't work.Then did the brush magic.

Thanks so much for the info.I think I have some tool to take off the back.I'm going to check tomorrow and give feedback .

Nov 3, 2010, 11:08 AM

... I can't loose this watch!
    I put a little vinegar at the back... but it did not work.Or maybe I need to get another battery and try the same thing again.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 11:13 AM
    My only concern would be residual water that could fog up the glass if you use anything waterbase (like vinegar) and it doesn't all evaporate before you close it.

And when I looked at something like this "deluxe watch kit"
    Watch Repair Kit Deluxe Tool Set - Watch Repair Kits | Esslinger & Co

The only liquid was a silicone grease that is used for waterproofing at the gasket...

I'm clueless. And an idiot guy. Is that redundant? Don't answer my rhetorical ramblings.

If you find out, let us know about this magic watch drink.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the liquid inside magic doll bottles? [ 1 Answers ]

OKay, so this question has been bugging me. I asked my friends and none of them knew, but anyway... you know those toy bottles for dolls that look like they have milk in them and when you turn them upside down, the milk goes away? What is the liquid inside them, really? Please help. :D

Can new wife watch kids while I'm at work [ 10 Answers ]

I need help in getting my new wife to be allowed to watch my kids on my weekend when I am at work. I am a fireman and spend 24 hours on and 48 off. If I am at the firehouse on Saturday on my weekend, which runs from 6 pm on Friday to 8 pm on Sunday, my ex is preventing me from having the kids stay...

How does magic work? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello... I'm one of the overwieghted people from around here. Can you help me out? Can you give mw some adivse on how to lose fifty pounds in two months or less? If you could... that'd be great. I weigh around two-hundred and twenty pounds. Please help me and try to do the best that you can. Thank...

How does magic work? [ 7 Answers ]

Can you give me some advise about dating.. first ask a girl out then blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... what's the best aproch to a teenage girl..

Do the magic cream and the soap work better together? [ 1 Answers ]

Do the magic cream and soap work better together and faster?. how long does it usually take t osee results?. Please e-mail me and let me know e-mail [email protected] Thanks

View more questions Search