Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2004, 11:06 AM
    Error message windows registry checker
    Each time I switch the computer on I get a message: windows encountered an error accessing the system registry. Windows will restart and repair the system registry for you
    When I click on OK the system reboots and the same message comes up. I have done a full scan disk and everything there is OK, I scandisk regularly and also defrag on a weekly basis I looked up you "error message" reply frm Nov 26th and tried to to scanreg /fix but it came up with bad command invalid file name.
    Please can you help as it is driving me round the bend
    redfin Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2004, 06:58 AM
    Re: error message windows registry checker
    You will need to specify the Operating System in order to get help. redfin
    tonnie_97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2004, 02:47 PM
    Re: error message windows registry checker
    I also encounter the same problem with windows 98, can anybody help us please..?
    Nita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2004, 11:05 AM
    Error message windows registry checker
    I posted this months ago. The problem was solves byinstalling windows 98 SE over the existing installation. Before doing this it is important to disable the Norton antivirus if you have it. I messed up on this so that too took a long time to sort out but it's now OK.I'm absolutely not an expert but got the advice from another help site and it worked . Good luck
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Dec 2, 2004, 01:05 AM
    The last post was correct. You will need to reinstall Windows over the top of the current Windows installation. This will not cause you to lose data. The problem you are experiencing is a corrupt registry. Alternately, if you are using Windows 98, you could upgrade the Operating System to Windows ME or XP if your PC has the resources to support it.
    sumit sinha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2004, 11:59 PM
    Windows registry checker error
    I get a message: windows encountered an error accessing the system registry. Windows will restart and repair the system registry for you
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2004, 01:07 PM
    Corrupt Registry
    Hi,
    Can you get to the C> prompt?
    If so, type in SCANREG /RESTORE, then press Enter.
    You will see dates (probably 4) from which to choose from.
    Use the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard to choose a couple of days ago, then select it, and press Enter.
    Possible that Registry saved will be a good one.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    Sounds like you have Win98 or 98SE.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Windows Registry error [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this is my first post and I am not very computer literate. I have been getting a lot of error messages so I decided to reinstall windows xp. This erased all my files and everything like I wanted it to. I have the internet back up and working now but I keep having a windows registry error. From...

Windows registry error [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my computer had problems with error popups and trojan popups all the time so I decided to reinstall windows and everything is fine now except I keep getting a windows registry error. I've done this one other time and the Comcast guy set up everything for me and I can't find out how to finish the...

Windows/Registry Error [ 8 Answers ]

I have gotten twice in the last month or so an error message (upon startup) to the effect: Windows had had a problem accessing the registry. It will fix the problem and restart. The only option I'm given is to click OK. Then it says it is restoring an old version of the registry. On restart, I...

Error message windows xp professional [ 8 Answers ]

I had a computer that had windows xp professional on it and not that it has been unplugged I get an error message when I turn it on it says insert system disk and press enter I don't have the cd or a boot disk could I use windows 98 boot disk to start the computer so I don't get the error message...

Avoiding Registry Checker at Strartup Windows 98se [ 4 Answers ]

I recently tried out a trial version of Registry Mechanic.It found 80 mistakes,but being a trial version it only fixed 4 of them.I uninstalled the trial version.Now every time I restart Windows 98se the Microsoft registry checker starts up(blue screen}and says repairing c:\windows\system.dat.My...

View more questions Search