Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Nov 2, 2010, 04:52 PM
    Do they need to give her notice before kicking her out?
    So my best friend has been living in the same house with her grandmother for years. Her grandmother recently was sent to a nursing home but her family told her she could stay in the house. She has been paying all the bills except for the mortgage. Now here is how the chain goes.

Her uncle Rick has been living in an apartment and owns her mother Rita's house. Rita owns my friends house. Well Rick just lost his apartment so he is taking Rita's house and Rita is taking my friends house leaving her no where to go.

Now here is the question. There is no contract/lease or anything but considering she has lived in this house for years and by herself the last few months, do they need to give her any notice (ex: 30 days) before she and her stuff need to be out of the house? If they try to kick her out before the notice (ex: 30 days) does she have the right to call the police or anything, or if they damage her belongings?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 05:06 PM

Yes, they do have to give her notice, does she have a lease ?
    Is there a rental agreement ? Does she pay rent ?
    BiWiccanAndProud Posts: 530, Reputation: 25

Nov 2, 2010, 05:14 PM

She doesn't pay rent and there is no lease but she has lived there her whole life with her grandmother and since her grandmother went to a nursing home she has been in the house by herself paying all bills but the mortgage. All the information is in my post.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 03:09 PM

He owns the house but does he pay the mortgage?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much notice do I need to give my fianc? Before kicking him out? [ 8 Answers ]

We live with my brother in Texas. I want to know legally how much time I have to give him when I kick him out. And what do I do if he won't leave after that time?

How much notice do I need to give my fianc? Before kicking him out? [ 7 Answers ]

We live with my brother in Texas. I want to know legally how much time I have to give him when I kick him out. And how I go about doing it. And what do I do if he won't leave after that time?

Can I give 30 days notice when I receive 5 day notice for nonpayment mean in va [ 9 Answers ]

4 of us live in a house. Each pays the landlord 1/4 of the total rent. It's been this way for over 15 months. The lease, which had 2 of the 4 people listed, has expired 6 months ago. One housemate failed to pay rent in Feb and March. The other in March and thus the landlord sent us a 5 day...

Kicking brother out. Do I need an eviction notice? [ 1 Answers ]

My mom recently went into Hospice. I am her Power of Attorney. My brother is 20 yo and has broken and trashed the house. He had been in jail for ~30 days (breaking entering into another house, drinking as a minor and driving, violation probation,etc). I changed the locks while he was in jail...

View more questions Search