Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2010, 03:45 PM
    Spider identification
    I get bit by spiders all the time, so this morning when I woke up and found two "fang" marks on my leg I passed it off as another spiderbite. Then when I was laying in bed a very small black spider crawled across my pillow.

I hate spiders so I freaked out and flushed it..

Today at about 10:30 am I started to feel very sick, I had a sore throat, headache, a "numbness" in my legs, weakness, fatigue and I kept gagging but never actually puked, it is now 6pm and I'm feeling a bit better, just the sore throat headache, and numbness remain (but they are not as bad as they were). I slept from 11:30 till 3:30..

Could this be from the spider bite? Can someone help me identify it? I should have saved it and went to the doctor.. But I wasn't thinking..

It was small; about the size of my pointer finger nail, all black, and had two very long front legs, it didn't have any color.. Just black... I live in Manitoba Canada.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2010, 08:47 AM
    You could have been bitten by a small black widow spider, although they tend to be secretive and not commonly in the open. If you are "bitten all the time", I would certainly get some pest control in the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spider identification - SanJose, CA [ 6 Answers ]

I find these often in my house and wonder if it's a brown recluse, hobo, hunter, or what? This one measured approx 3 to 4 cm. The "butt" part didn't have any easily detectable markings. The front fangs were neither large or small, they are somewhat obscured in the photo. Found in my kitchen,...

What Spider is this? [ 42 Answers ]

We got dorect beside our door a spider. We do not want to kill it, but woul dlike what kind of spider this is. Is it poisonous or harmless? Thank you

10 legged black spider not a camel spider [ 5 Answers ]

I came across this thing on my side walk it moves slowly is about an inch in length I've never seen a 10 legged spider so I took pictures and tried looking it up with no luck, it is not a camel spider I know that for sure. Also you can see from the pictures I'm not mistaking the 2 extra legs for...

What Spider was that? [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this unusual spider in the bathroom this morning but I can't find a picture of it anywhere on the internet It was very dark brown almost black, with a front leg and small stripe at the front which was light brown/copper coloured. It was about 1-2cm big. I couldn't see it that clearly as I...

View more questions Search