Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Man buys local P.D. domain ~ read on.
    Man Buys Police Department’s Domain Name After Getting Ticket
    On October 8, 2010
    Most of the time, if you get a speeding ticket you just grumble about it and pay the fine. It’s usually not a big deal for most people unless it happens a lot or they get caught going a ridiculous amount over the posted speed limit. You can fight it in court or just pay the ticket, and for most people those are the only options.
    However, after receiving a $90 speeding ticket in Bluff City, Tennessee, Brian McCrary discovered a third option. The Bluff City Police Department had forgotten to renew their domain name, BluffCityPD.com, and let it expire. McCrary bought the domain name for $80 and posted his side of the story with information about speed traps in Bluff City and the $250,000 per month they cost the town’s 1,500 residents.
    The police department had no idea their domain name had expired and that McCrary owned it until reporters started calling them to ask about it. Bluff City Police Chief David Nelson said they may approach McCrary about buying the domain back from him, but they are not optimistic.
    McCrary’s goal is to get enough attention to put pressure on the local government to remove the traffic enforcement cameras in Bluff City.

Now, that's funny right there..!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2010, 05:35 PM

I like it.:)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 09:45 PM

Pretty ingenious Cap.
    Just_Another_Lemming Posts: 437, Reputation: 211

Nov 3, 2010, 03:45 AM

Well, I am scratching off the name of that town as one of my relocation choices.

LOL! Thanks for posting this Cap'n.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2010, 06:57 PM

Now that's pretty ingenious to do. What's the chances of that ever happening again once more people learn of the domain name thingy?

Isn't that the town that has speed traps at the bottom of a hill that likes to nail big trucks? I think it's the same one I'm thinking of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot Add Domain User to Local Administrator Group [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to add a domain account to the local Administrators group on a Windows XP Pro workstation. My network is Windows 2003 / Active Directory. On a Windows XP workstation: Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Local Users and Groups > Groups I open the Administrator group,...

Finding x-intercepts, local maximum, local minimum of graph [ 5 Answers ]

How do I find the x-intercepts, local maximums, and local minimums of this graph --> f(x)=1/9(x-3)^2(x+3)^2 using a graphing calculator?

Add Domain Account to local administrator Group in Windows 2003 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, This is Phani. I have a requirement in Windows 2003 Server. I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on my desktop, creating Domain Controller DOMAIN and domain account BCMAdmin. Now I have to add this domain account to Local Administrator Group. Now I have started "Computer...

View more questions Search