Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrandieDandie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 10:41 AM
    The taste of blood in my mouth
    I always get the taste of blood in my mouth, it will happen at random times when I am doing nothing. I will check my lips to see if maybe they are split or chapped but their not and I will also check in my mouth to see if I have any sores or anything that could be bleeding, but again nothing is there. I also get bloody noses where I will get a sudden headache and then blood will pour out of my nose, (not just drip out like normal nose bleeds, it pours out) could something serious be wrong? I am a 23 years old single mother and in that last 3 years this has gotten worse.
    General_Ameed Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 11:08 AM
    Go to a doctor as soon as u can
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2010, 06:07 PM

Brandie

The nose, mouth, and throat are interconnected. Minor bleeding from the posterior (back) protion of the nasal canula will necessarily trickle into the throat but not be visible from the nose. Bleeding from the anterior (front) portion of the nasal canula will be obvious by blood emerging from the nose, i.e. classic nose bleed. At any rate, based on your description, the recurrent taste in your mouth is probably related to a posterior nose bleed. That is less common and of more concern than an anterior bleed.

More important is your mention of the premonitory headache. This sequence and combination should be brought to the attention of your doctor. There is no damage so far and even if this is a hypertensive condition it is easily controllable/correctable, at your age, with very tame medication.

Just don't ignore it or fail to mention the sequence and combination as noted above.

In more direct response to your question, it is "serious" only if you allow it to advance to that point. Otherwise it is primarily prevention.. . A mere blip on the screen of life.

Good luck to you girl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad taste in mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I had a root canal filling on a wisdom tooth 2 weeks ago. I have had a bad taste in my mouth ever since. For the past week I have been taking antibiotics as the root filled tooth became so painful. Now much better but still bad taste in my mouth. Any ideas?

I have a powdery taste in my mouth. Later, it changes to a metallic taste? [ 3 Answers ]

I get a powdery (like baby powder) taste in my mouth. I taste it every time my tongue touches my lips. About an hour later, it changes to a metallic taste and then back to powder. I am female and am not on any medication that could cause this.

Metallic taste is mouth. Why? [ 2 Answers ]

Every Now And Then I Get A Metal Taste In My Mouth. I Don't Know What Causes It. It Just Happens Out Of No Where. Can Anyone Help?

Metallic taste in mouth [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years now without much success. I have just recently been for tests and my gynie said that all appears okay with me and that the blood tests confirmed I was ovulating. However every month about a week before my period is due I start to...

Bad Taste in mouth [ 4 Answers ]

I had my wisdom teeth removed 1/15/07. Shortly after having them removed I got an infection in my lower right socket. I was given meds to treat this. Since then, things were fine until a few days ago. I've begun to get a bad taste in my mouth when drinking through a straw or eating (on my bottom...

View more questions Search