Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smvish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Flash, director and XML
    I have a flash file which reads an external XML file.
    The file plays fine when in flash.
    Director can import flash file.
    If I import the flash file, the external links to XML file from flash is disturbed.
    How to maintain the links, so that the information from XML is retained in flash even when imported and played in director.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2007, 05:31 AM
    How is the location of the XML file defined? For example, if it's just defined as "example.xml" instead of a full path like "C:\XML\example.xml", when you import the flash file into Director, the path will still be the short example. This means that unless you are saving the flash and director versions in the same place you won't see the XML.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

How PHP Handle XML File? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Would you please help? I'm currently using PHP Version 4.3.11. Q#1. If I'd like to created a php page to read a XML file which is generated by Oracle server. What function do I need in php to handle this event? Q#2. Do I need to install a higher php version in order to do so? ...

XSD to XML conversion [ 1 Answers ]

I have one xsd file I want one blank xml to be generated from that schema. Thanks in advance.

Flash [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone point me to a website that explains flash, easy to run through tutorials, etc. Found a few sites but they generally want me to pay before I can get too far and realise the potential. I have done a few websites and realised that limitations of HTML and Javascripts.

View more questions Search