Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IILLOOVVEEUU Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 12:58 AM
    Self harm
    I cut myself I have been doing it 4 about a year.
    At first it was just little cuts on my leg but then I started cutting my arm and being very unhappy.
    My friends started to notic and call me an emo and sh*t they were just kiddin round but in made me more unhappy.
    I really want to stop I kinder have like I do it way less but every now and then I just get pissed off. Please help :(
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2010, 01:03 AM
    Control yourself, it is very unhealthy and doesn't really resolve any problems you have when you hurt yourself, you are just putting yourself in a dark place. What is your actual problem? How to not cut yourself, or would you like to post what problems you are cutting yourself for? I am unsure as to how to help out at all in this question, feels like I need more information. But please, stop hurting yourself, if you feel unhappy find ways or things to do to make you happy, not to hurt yourself!

Good Luck,

Javi
    IILLOOVVEEUU Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 01:12 AM
    Comment on mmresd's post
    How to help myself not hurt myself and I don't really want to say why I do it :/
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2010, 01:27 AM
    You know, I just found out today that one of my best friends from college used to cut herself when she was younger. It took me by surprised since she is a friend of mine who I would have never though would do anything like that. Hurting yourself is bad for several reasons that I am sure you are aware of, and as you have experienced, now you know that once the pain stops the problems that made you cut yourself are still there and now you are feeling even more depressed. You need to learn self love, and obtain the ability to be happy with yourself. If you cannot seem to do this (which takes time, remember that everything in life needs to be earned) then you might want to consider asking your parents for a psychologist so maybe he/she can make you feel comfortable enough to talk about the issues that are bothering you and maybe coming up with solutions about them. Let me just encourage you to post questions about the problems that are leading to you hurting yourself. If you really don't want to then DON'T. But if you changed your mind maybe seeing different perspectives on the things that are haunting you might alleviate them a little. Who knows? You have complete anonymity here, you are protected by the internet, and you know that there are people here who care and are willing to dedicate their time and effort into helping people with their issues.

Good Luck,

Javi
    Clemintine Posts: 105, Reputation: 30

Nov 2, 2010, 09:47 PM
    Cutting doesn't always mean you wish you were dead, it's just a coping mechanism with stressful situations life throws at us. I "grew out of" cutting myself, but it doesn't entirely go away. I now deal with my stress with skin picking which is just another form of self harm... It's a tough thing to conquer on your own because it becomes very addictive, because it seems to help so much. It's not always something you can just get control over depending on how long you've used it to cope. It is really embarrassing when someone sees isn't it? I used to hate it, and for a second I would see how they thought of me "she's just a stupid emo girl" but it's not that at all. Unless your waving your cuts in someone's face being the "attention whore" everyone gets annoyed at, you are genuinely upset and try to hide it and would rather nobody saw. How I helped myself out of cutting at times: Remove any tools you use to do it is one step. Get them out of the house or locked away, basically get it out of your room... that way if you run to the kitchen to grab a knife people could see and that thought alone might deter you. When you feel the urge creeping up distract yourself immediately! Go start a movie, play a video game or draw or do homework... the third idea is to just go right to the counselor and ask for help. It's unclear exactly why your cutting if your just dealing with stress or attempting suicide each time.. but either way this is not a healthy habit and you DO want to stop, the best way is to talk to someone and get their professional opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Self harm [ 3 Answers ]

How can I stop cutting? And burning myself??

Can ghost harm you? [ 8 Answers ]

I am seeing and hearing ghosts in my bedroom. And they fight a lot. I see them in my dreams and when I am a wake. What does this mean?

Worried my ex might harm me [ 5 Answers ]

I was involved in a year and a half relationship that I ended 6 months ago. My ex was controlling. He never raised a hand to me, but when I would try to leave he would always try to talk me out of it. When I would try to leave in frustration, he would physically restrain me. It is hard to explain...

I believe my ex may try to harm me [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all... New to this forum and actually quite scared now. I am female of 36 who was dating a guy of 25. He is a soldier currently stationed overseas and is a single father. I broke up with him about 3 weeks ago. After his yelling and hanging up on me, have not contacted or heard...

Self harm [ 26 Answers ]

I think I might kill myself before I'm 17 I don't like chosing and everyone around me know that but I have to chose to live why dad for I week on and off or not at all but next year I'm in high school an di have to do more homework and study harder :confused: :(

View more questions Search