Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa4168 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 06:33 AM
    In the State of Texas being sued for credit card.
    How long does a judgement stay on my record, and how long can they are they able to garnish from my accounts?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Nov 2, 2010, 04:00 PM

Your accounts will be garnished until your debt is satisfied and Judements can stay on your credit report any where from 10 years and some are renewed if the debt is not paid in full
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2010, 04:07 PM

TX starts with a 10 yr term and, I believe, its perpetually renewable. At the least its is renewable for one more 10 yr term.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2010, 04:19 PM

Yes, it will start with 10 years as noted, and they may renew it, So basically they can keep doing it till it is paid

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've been sued in Texas over credit card debt what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

When does the statute of limitations run in Texas and in their petition do they not need to provide an accounting or statement. I'm being sued by collection agency in county court - what do I need to do?

I am being sued by credit card companies. I live in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I know they can not garnish my wages, but they can put a judgement against me. And I will not be able to collect any settlements or have a checking account with out them getting it. I just want to know how long would the judgement stay on my record, and how long are they able to collect from any...

What will happen if I am sued by a credit card company and the law in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

What will happen if I am sued by a credit card company and the law in Texas

Credit Card debit state of Texas [ 2 Answers ]

I'm being sued by a credit card company. My question is, I am a co-signer on a friends bank account - Can the credit card company seize money that is not mine?

Being Sued in Texas for a past credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons, to appear in my county court because I am being sued by a credit card company for a past debt that was charged off. I have no means to pay a lawyer, and wonder if anyone can help. Can I show up to the court by myself? How do I plead? What is the precoces and what do I...

View more questions Search