Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basmah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 06:26 AM
    How much Heat is Absorbed By 0.1 Kg Of Ice At -20.0 C To become Water At 0.0 C ?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2010, 07:34 AM

Use the equations:

and

Using will give you the energy required for the ice to heat up to 0 C.

Then, you use to find the energy required to melt the ice to water at 0 C.

You should be provided with c, the specific heat capacity of ice and L the specific latent heat of fusion of ice.

Then, Q is the amount of heat,
    m is the mass of the ice
    theta is the change in temperature.

Post what you get! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate the quantity of heat absorbed with any substance? Is it a equation? [ 6 Answers ]

How to calculate the quantity of heat absorbed with any substance? Is it a equation?

Have GE refrig; water leaks from smart water filter inside; get water;makes no ice [ 0 Answers ]

Water leaks inside refrig from one shelf to another; able to get water from water dispenser; no ice is being made; ice accumulates inside the freezer ice maker.

Is energy released or absorbed when water is changed from a gaseous to a liquid phase [ 1 Answers ]

Is energy absorbed or released when water is changed from a gaseous to a liquid phase

Kitchenaid ice maker won't make ice no water coming in [ 10 Answers ]

I have replaced the water valve and the module. Water dispensary works. The plastic lines are not plugged. The wire arm goes up and down. I poured water in the ice maker and in a few days there were ice in the pan. The model is #ksrf22dtal00. I crossed the connectors on the valve and the water...

Heat Energy Absorbed [ 2 Answers ]

A 300g piece of aluminum is heated from 30 degrees C to 150 degrees C. What amount of heat energy is absorbed? The specific heat capacity of aluminum is: 900 I tried doing this question.. and substituting it in the formula Q=m c DeltaT but I get a different answer from my teacher's answer. ...

View more questions Search