Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachbbw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 05:12 AM
    How to amend a divorce decree?
    I have a car payment that my ex added into the divorce and no longer able to do this what cab I do to amend this
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2010, 05:22 AM

You can file a motion with the court that issued your divorce for a modification of the divorce decree. There's no guarantee that the judge will grant it. Your chances will be better if you can show extenuating circumstances, thereby justifying your need to modify the original order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion to amend divorce decree [ 1 Answers ]

Can I file a motion to Amend my divorce decree? So he can't claim the children on his taxes

Enforcing divorce decree [ 1 Answers ]

My son is in his 3rd year of college. My divorce decree states that his father will be responsible for his college loans. Would you think that this means that after graduation, his father will have to take over all his college loans? I am just thinking about it, and want to make sure I am...

Divorce decree [ 3 Answers ]

In my divorce decree it says my ex has to watch the kids when I work. I just got a new job and I have to work the weekends. Does he still have to watch the kids? Also he has not done some of the stuff in the divorce decree. How do I enforce that? Is he in contempt by not doing what he was...

Divorce Decree [ 2 Answers ]

I know I shouldn't be the one doing this but my girlfriend does not like asking such questions. But in here divorce decree, her ex husband is supposed to pay her a monthly amount. He has since quit his job because he is in rehab and now faces the possibility of jail time. My question is, what...

View more questions Search