Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 11:25 PM
    My First Cell Phone.
    How many of you remember the cell phones I grew up with?

Name:  cellphone-ad.jpg
Views: 4205
Size:  124.5 KB
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 12:02 AM

Um, that wasn't that long ago. You must be very young.

I remember when computers took up an entire room. We were told there would someday be one to put on a desk, and we all laughed.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 01:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Um, that wasn't that long ago. You must be very young.

I remember when computers took up an entire room. We were told there would someday be one to put on a desk, and we all laughed.
    Yes I remember. It took 2 million punch cards to "run the program". The software had to hauled in by forklift.
    And it took longer to get an answer than it takes to download movies by dial up. A couple of days at times.

Me... young? No. But attitude is more important than age. You are as old as you feel, mentally.
    The physical part is hard to avoid.
    I woke up the other morning with no stiff joints or achy muscles, in fact nothing hurt.
    I thought I was dead .

But my kids say I should grow up some day and that keeps me feeling young.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 01:47 AM

OMG, those are new fangled cell phones. How about the ones with the battery package that weighed about 20 pounds you had to carry around?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2010, 07:01 PM

My first job at a radio station in NYC back in 1965 I had to use a fancy schmancy electric typewriter. Believe it or not I had no idea just HOW to turn the dang thing on let alone type on it as I had only used manual models. Now you can't even buy electric typewriters unless you go to a junk store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from phone to computer? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I transfer my cell phone contact list from my cell phone onto my computer? I have a LG AX8600 cell phone. What type cord will I need to use for my computer and cell phone?

Can I access my cell phone contacts from my computer (online) if I haven't my phone? [ 6 Answers ]

I need to get some contacts from my verizon cell phone, but I don't have my phone. Is there any way I can access this online?

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon? [ 5 Answers ]

Which is the best cell phone and cell phone plan in Verizon?My contract is about to end.I want to switch to Verizon.So any suggestions?

View more questions Search