Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    g0dhatesy0u Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2010, 09:01 PM
    Do I have to pay child support?
    The Girl Says she cannot get pregnant because she has olvary problems and she winds up getting pregnant... How Does This work? Is there anyway to prevent from paying child support?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 09:51 PM

If the baby is yours man up and take care of your responsibilities.

Yes, woman with "olvary," actually ovary, problems can get pregnant dependent on the specific problem.

You were man enough to take your pants off, now be man enough to take responsibility.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 01:35 AM
    No.
    Why would you not want to make sure your child is taken care of?
    Because the circumstances are what they are , does not make you
    Any less of a father or relieve you of the responsibility of taking care of the child you are
    Bringing into the world.

It is your flesh and blood!
    Man up and take care of your child.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 31, 2010, 04:00 AM
    Ethics aside, how do you stand up in a courtroom and prove what she said to you? (Answer: you can't.)
    What about a man who tells a woman he had a vasectomy and can't get her pregnant? Is she any less pregnant if she gets pregnant when his vasectomy doesn't work, and is he any less the father then?
    g0dhatesy0u Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2010, 04:09 AM
    Well I will man up if its mine. But I am not even certain it is my child. She's 6 months pregnant and I've only known her for 5 months... so how could it be my baby? She also lives in another state.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Ethics aside, how do you stand up in a courtroom and prove what she said to you? (Answer: you can't.)
    What about a man who tells a woman he had a vasectomy and can't get her pregnant? Is she any less pregnant if she gets pregnant when his vasectomy doesn't work, and is he any less the father then?
    You are correct. You can't prove what she said to you.

Vasectomies fail. Tubal ligations fail. There are only 2 sure fire ways not to get pregnant.

1. Abstinence; and
    2. Hysterectomy.

Now you are playing the waiting game. Don't sign or do anything foolish until the DNA test proves one way or the other.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2010, 05:48 AM

The question now is whether you want to be a part of the child's life if its yours. If you do, then as soon as the child is born you file for joint custody and visitation. The court will then order a paternity test. Once paternity is established you proceed.

If you want nothing to do with the child regardless of paternity, you do nothing. Let her make the first move of filing for child support. Again, the court will order a paternity test. If the child is yours, you pay.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2010, 02:37 PM

If you're proven to be (or admit to being) the father, then you'll have to pay child support.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 31, 2010, 05:56 PM

Ok, funny as the pastor I will not address the moral issues, that is already done.

Legally, she can file and claim for support from you. You can counter and demand a DNA test first.

Legally you can file for visits ( before she files even) and ask for a DNA test to prove case to justify your visits rights.

But even if she signed a paper swearing she could not get pregnant, does not matter, she did, and if it is your child, then yes you will have to pay child support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never ordered to pay child support can you get back pay [ 9 Answers ]

I have a soon to be 13 year old daughter. Her father has only seen her maybe 5 times her whole life. He has never been court ordered to pay child support but we did have a paternity test done when she about 1 year old. But he wouldn't stay in one place or keep a job long enough to get a support...

If I raised my child for the first 9 years without support do I have to pay support [ 1 Answers ]

I have raised my son for 9 years without any help from his father. If I send him to live with his father will I have to pay child support. I would think not because we would be even rite?

If a costa rican father does not pay child support can he stop the child from moving [ 2 Answers ]

I am american and my fiancé is from costa rica. I want to get a fiancé visa for her and her 7 year old son. The father will not sign for the child to move out of costa rica. He does not pay child support at all. He does not care or see the child. I am willing to adopt the child once here in usa....

View more questions Search