Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davelee585 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 07:20 PM
    My videos play funny
    When I go to play a video file that came off the internet like Yahoo music it plays with these funny colors . I mean you could see it but its like looking through heat vision goggles
    I need to know how to fix it:o
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Jan 3, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

This sounds like a problem I had a while back.

At the time, I was using Windows Media Player 9.

I upgraded to Windows Media Player 10 and all was well.

Maybe this is the same problem for you?

If so, I am willing to bet that you need to run some Windows Updates as well.
    dono2007 Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Jan 6, 2007, 01:03 AM
    hello yeah its always good to upgrade into newer versions, but I doubt in this case the programs the problem, since you are "streaming" music/video (playing off the net), you will need a fast internet connection so that all data comes in quickly at which point it is played through the media player. If the data coming in is slow, then it lags and little blobs and color and audio stuff ups happens.

^this is the most likely case but if it is not, you should try downloading
    vlc media player at VideoLAN - Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS!
    it's better than windows media because it plays most formats.

hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children's videos! Scary [ 1 Answers ]

When I was very little I used to watch this one video with a series of kind og grim reaper tales almost.. some kind of "tales". One of them had to do with this girl that was wandering lost in a forest and this owl comes to her and shows her how inside of a tree is this little home with a bed a...

Transferring movie/videos [ 1 Answers ]

I assume it is possible to transfer personal video footage from a digital camera memory card to a DVD Writer. Is there any specific software/hardware required? I have WinXP Home, Geforce FX5200 Ultra, display card, Realktek Audio and AMD Athlon XP3000+, MMX, 3D Now, ~2.1ghz. Any URLs on...

Getting Need for Speed 2 music and videos [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone knows where to get/download Need For Speed 2 or Need For Speed 2 special edition songs and videos? Or how to extract videos (the one from showcase) or music from Need For Speed 2 special edition? Infinite Thanks to you people... :)

Burning videos [ 1 Answers ]

Hello... I need help with burning a video with nero and winxp. It encodes OK but when time for brning it goes to my hard drive instead of the cd burner. Why is that? Please help... I used nero on my old computer with win 98 and it worked fine encoding and burning of videos. Thank you for your help....

View more questions Search