Jasonc126 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Oct 30, 2010, 12:27 PM
    Is Kojic Acid safer than hydroquinone?

Nov 3, 2010, 04:51 AM
    Bump
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Nov 6, 2010, 04:36 AM

I don't know if I would say safer than hydroquinone because there is no documented evidence of someone getting sick because of hydroquinone. Kojic acid is natural and hydroquinone is not. A word of caution though, kojic acid can be irritating to the skin.

Nov 6, 2010, 10:23 AM
    Yes but from what I've been reading about kojic acid, it seems to be a safer more natural alternative to hydroquinone. Kojic acid is natural and hydroquinone is synthetic. Also from what I've read, kojic acid is not as irritating to skin as hydroquinone. I know you said hydroquinone is safe but I'm not taking any chances. I threw all my hydroquinone creams out anyway from what I had read. There have been a lot of testimonials from people saying they had better results with kojic acid vs. hydroquinone.
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Nov 6, 2010, 01:17 PM

It will depend on the % of kojic and hq present...
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Nov 6, 2010, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonc126 View Post
    Yes but from what I've been reading about kojic acid, it seems to be a safer more natural alternative to hydroquinone. Kojic acid is natural and hydroquinone is synthetic. Also from what I've read, kojic acid is not as irritating to skin as hydroquinone. I know you said hydroquinone is safe but I'm not taking any chances. I threw all my hydroquinone creams out anyway from what I had read. There have been a lot of testimonials from people saying they had better results with kojic acid vs. hydroquinone.
    Everyone's skin is different so what works for one person may not work for another. Let us know how the kojic acid works for you if you decide to try it.
    mariamarie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 08:11 PM
    HQ is not safe at all.(No matter what percentage it is)
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Nov 6, 2010, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mariamarie View Post
    HQ is not safe at all.(No matter what percentage it is)
    Maybe true... but 2% is bearly insignificant.That is why you can have it over the counter.Talking about HQ not being safe... and so are many other other things out there.The SUN is not safe. Skin lightening is not safe for fear of being prone to cancer. Tanning is not safe... same reason as former. And the list goes on my dear...

Nov 6, 2010, 08:47 PM
    That's the risk we take but at least we are aware of safer alternatives to hydroquinone.
    billie2010 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 07:05 AM
    Hi

Are there any dark skinned people that have tried Kojic Acid creams/lotions? What results did you get, if any?
    regbrownie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2011, 06:51 PM
    I used kojic acid months ago. If your goal is to be lighter then it definitely works. It made me 3 shades lighter in a week, exactly 8days. But it dried the skin on my chest(boobs), took me a while to bring it back to natural look... Be careful with kojic acid.
    _213Chanqe Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jul 15, 2011, 08:39 PM
    Yea but it takes longer
    Nidiazcke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Information about health and skin lotions can be bought here at Cosmetice BIO un pas inainte pentru sanatate - Free Classifieds Ads for New York City. nyc news, people, classifieds presents NYU Classifieds craigslist alternative
    This classifieds ad displays a skin product that gives results
    Nidiazcke Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2012, 10:12 PM
    In asddition I have added another website which has the product for the skin, and also has a video with instructions on how to put on makeup Cosmetice BIO un pas inainte pentru sanatate - Word Reminder free classifieds similar to craigslist and olx for France, Canada, Romania, and the United States petites annonces totalement gratuites This is really helpful in making buying choices for your skin
    KatherineB Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2012, 10:42 PM
    I used a kojic lotion from revita lab. It make me brighter then I read that it can be cancer causing like the hydroquinine. It's all about portions, you have to stop after a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Real UNBIASED Medical Evaluations of Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Arbutin, Mequinol [ 11 Answers ]

As I have trolled this forum in search of "the miracle cream" or "the miracle solution," I have learned tons of things not to do, but have also seen some spamming/advertising, unresearched arguments, and no pictures to prove said claims. Luckily I found an article that I hope that many of you...

Amazed With Results! Glycolic Acid and Kojic Acid [ 22 Answers ]

Hello, I have wriiten some posts before on this subject. I got three emails from people I supplied my information with. There are two products you need to get for hand and face. One is glycolic acid cream (10%) also kojic acid. The Kojic acid can be founf in Palmers Skin Success Section. It will...

Kojic Acid [ 1 Answers ]

Is kojic acid soap are applicable to use in a teen agers face?

View more questions Search