Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D.Bell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2010, 08:25 AM
    Can two houses share a line out to the ditch,using their own pump in each house?
    Two houses together,each with their own pump. Spliced into one line with a Y connection and from there one line out to the ditch. I would also install a check valve before the Y connection so water doesn't pump from one house to the other. Would this work?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 30, 2010, 08:44 AM

What are you pumping out to that ditch?
    I would also install a check valve before the Y connection so water doesn't pump from one house to the other.
    Good idea, wrong set up! To prevent one pump from pumping back to the other house you will have to install two check valves.
    One before each branch of the wye,( lay it out on paper). I would also increase the size of the pipe from the wye to the ditch up one size.''.
    Good luck, Tom
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 30, 2010, 10:00 AM

Are you pumping towards the house or away from the house ? Water or Sewage ?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 30, 2010, 10:16 AM

Miloi,
    The way I'm reading this is they are discharging sump pumps from two houses out to a common drain line. I can't imagine pumping sewerage from two houses out to a roadside ditch. And your take? Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For a pump (240 v 12.5 amp)what type wire do I run from the house to pump [ 2 Answers ]

Right now its uf wire but some goes threw flood zone and needs to be wet loc

Can a downed tree limb 10 houses away cause a broken neutral at our house? [ 1 Answers ]

The electric co is stating that a downed tree limb that occurred around the corner and up a hill on the opposite side of the street has caused a broken neutral to our home. (It by passed all of the other homes leading up to ours.) The insurance company will only cover certain items considered...

The water pressure in my house and all of the houses in my street suddenly dropped [ 1 Answers ]

The hot and cold water pressure in my house and all the other houses in the street suddenly dropped. The pressure was fine this morning but dropped mid afternoon and has stayed that way since. Looking for advice on what could be the cause

Repair water damaged wall supports & sump pump drainage ditch [ 2 Answers ]

I found water and some mold building in the basement. I tore away the drywall (up to about 4 feet above the floor) and found that the 2x4 that runs along and just above the drain tile ditch for the sump pump was soaked as are all the 2x4 vertical wall supports (anywhere from about 4 - 8 inches...

View more questions Search