Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liana12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Scared of high school
    Hey I am about to go and face year 7 but I am SO scared of high school and not because of the work but because a few girls have been saying they are going to bash me next year and they sound really serious and I've seen them doit to my friends before. I have done nothing and I don't even know these girls I am so scared and I know that it will be hard to concentrate on my work. I know that there are teachers there to break thing up but they can't always be there when it happens and if I don't end up getting bashed I will probably get teased and that's like just as bad. I really want to know if these things would reall happen to me? I am SO scared and I really would like some advice off experts. What do I do??

Thanks from scared of high school
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Jan 3, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Well, I know every situation is different... but I remember being in Jr High and having some other girls threatening to beat and my best friend up. One day they actually chased us, but it was more for kicks to them than to really do it... and they couldn't catch us.. haha.

As for your situation, I think your best way of dealing with it is to speak to a school counselor, teacher or your parents. I know that may seem uncool and like a 'rat' but these girls should not be getting away with tormenting you.

So are these girls older? How many of them are there? Do they just tease your other friends or do they actually fight them? Why do they threaten you? Have you or your friends said anything to provoke them?

I would hate for you to dread HS just because of some immature girls trying to show off... thats all it really is. You can wait and hope they grow up in the next 6 or so months until the new school year.. but if you really do feel threatened you need to notify an authority. If these girls are causing serious trouble with you and your friends they need to be stopped, even if it means they are expelled!

High School should be something to look forward to. It's a new part of growing up and really starting to develop into an adult. I hope these girls do not take away that excitement for you!

Best Wishes

Jan 3, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by s2tp
    Well, I know every situation is different...but I remember being in Jr High and having some other girls threatening to beat and my best friend up. One day they actually chased us, but it was more for kicks to them than to really do it...and they couldnt catch us..haha.

As for your situation, I think your best way of dealing with it is to speak to a school counselor, teacher or your parents. I know that may seem uncool and like a 'rat' but these girls should not be getting away with tormenting you.

So are these girls older? How many of them are there? do they just tease your other friends or do they actually fight them? Why do they threaten you? Have you or your friends said anything to provoke them?

I would hate for you to dread HS just because of some immature girls trying to show off...thats all it really is. You can wait and hope they grow up in the next 6 or so months until the new school year..but if you really do feel threatened you nee to notify an authority. If these girls are causing serious trouble with you and your friends they need to be stopped, even if it means they are expelled!

High School should be something to look forward to. Its a new part of growing up and really starting to develope into an adult. I hope these girls do not take away that excitement for you!

Best Wishes

Yes these girls are older than me and I'm not sure how many there are they are getting friends and I don't know how many. Umm they don't really tease my friends THAT much its just me and I have done nothing except for this 1 time which happened 2 years ago when about 5 girls were walking down my street and me and my little street friend were riding our bikes ad you know how when your little you're a little smart arse well that was me and my friends and they started by saying what are you looking at you little sl*** and then it formed a fight ant they were half way up the street yelling stuff and yea and my mum came out and didn't say anything but just watched and then they came for me and I got off my bike and stood there but they ran back but that was 2 yrs ago and I didn't know the girls and I don't know if they are part of it. I have spoken to my mum and ada and family about this and they think I shouldn't worry but I can't stop. But back to the little fight I saw those girls lke 5 days after and they were talking to me and apologised and so did I and we were friends and they were high school girls I was in year 4. so I'm not sure if that would provoke them or not. I do not know why they threaten me but my mum has called the cops once but they ddnt admitt it and I had no proof except for my street friend but hey we were 10 what could we do. Thanks for your advice I really appreciate it.

Cheers!!

Jan 3, 2007, 07:27 PM
    Ok I had a little trouble understanding all of that...

So 2 years ago these girls, 5 of them, made some mean comments to you and your friend while you were riding your bikes down the street... your mom was there so nothing happened. Again... this was 2 years ago? And 5 days after all this they apologized, and you apologized and everything was fine?

Has anything happened recently that makes you think they are going to do something?

Jan 3, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Ok I had a little trouble understanding all of that...

So 2 years ago these girls, 5 of them, made some mean comments to you and your friend while you were riding your bikes down the street...your mom was there so nothing happened. Again...this was 2 years ago? and 5 days after all this they apologized, and you apologized and everything was fine?

Has anything happened recently that makes you think they are going to do something?

No really I have done nothing! That's what I don't understand!!

I want to get a really good job when I'm older but I can't with these girl harassing me and getting in the way. I've tried to ignore them when they call out things but it just doesn't work. I Haven't seen these girls yet because I don't know who they are!!

I only know 2 and they used to speak to me on msn but I deleted them because they were threatening me and saying bad thing about me and my family.

I can not remember doing anything to them at all.

Xx liana xx :confused:

Jan 3, 2007, 07:58 PM
    When was the last time you got a threat or seen/heard from these girls?

Jan 3, 2007, 08:06 PM
    When was the last time you got a threat or seen/heard from these girls?

Today!! :(

Jan 3, 2007, 08:08 PM
    How are these girls threatening you? At school, around home, on the internet? What do they say?

Jan 3, 2007, 08:11 PM
    How are these girls threatening you? At school, around home, on the internet? What do they say?

I was getting the mail and they were there and yelled out wait till you get to high school your dead. Then I ran back inside. But they normally say "F*** you you little sl**/wh*** when you get to high school we're going to bash the fn out of you an stuff like that

Jan 3, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Aaah OK, so these girls are in your neighborhood? Your parents have not taken further action to stop this? Your parents should talk to these girls parents!

Do they threaten you at school? This does sound serious enough to report to a school authority.

Jan 3, 2007, 08:45 PM
    aaah ok, so these girls are in your neighborhood? your parents have not taken further action to stop this? Your parents should talk to these girls parents!

Do they threaten you at school? this does sound serious enough to report to a school authority.

REMEMBER I'm scared of high school they don't go to my school I'm going to their school this year. My mum can't talk to their mums and dads because we don't kow where they live and we don't have their phone numbers. I guess I'm just going to go through high school in hell. Thanks for trying

Cheers xx liana xx

Jan 3, 2007, 08:49 PM
    Well whenever you start at their school, or before then you and your parents can go to the school principle and notify them that these girls have been threatening you.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Try not to worry about it too much. As for getting a good job later I highly doubt this will carry on until then. Most people grow up out of the immaturity these girls are in...

Good Luck!

Jan 3, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Thanks loadz you really did help I am going to have to >>>recommend<<< you to my friends br prepared for more work lol. Thnks loadz I appreciate your help A lot!!

Cheers xx liana xx
    rrr Posts: 91, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 01:47 AM
    2 options:
    1. Do it the hard (and unrealistic) way.
    requirements:
    good aim, 60 X fragmental grenades, 40 X incendiary grenades, 2 X AK47s, AK47 ammo, 1 X lockheed martin harrier and a 50 cal. rifle (also lockheed martin)

2. the realistic way
    spread it. Tell everyone. Grab some attention. Once you're the center of attention, they won't dare do anything because you are always watched by someone (might work).
    requirements:
    charisma

run for it when they come near you
    requirements:
    stamina and speed.

fight them. (not the best option for you or anyone else, but... )
    grab your friends and fight back. Since you will probably be attacked (if you choose this option), then use their superiority againtst them. Strike when they least expect them. And remember, this is a last resort only.

a true general strikes only when the battle is already won - sun t'zus art of war
    big k Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Hey I don't no what high scholl is like but you want get beat up in school as I would thought that the students that ar older than them would ask them why and if you haven't done anything they should stick up for you :P
    Jessica_S Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liana12
    Hey i am about to go and face year 7 but i am SO scared of high school and not because of the work but because a few girls have been saying they are going to bash me next year and they sound really serious and ive seen them doit to my friends before. i have done nothing and i dont even know these girls i am so scared and i kno that it will be hard to concentrate on my work. i know that there are teachers there to break thing up but they can't always be there when it happens and if i dont end up getting bashed i will probably get teased and thats like just as bad. i really want to know if these things would reall happen to me? I am SO scared and i really would like some advice off experts. what do i do???????

thanks from scared of high school
    You'll be OK!! I was scared to death when I entered my first year of high school because there were people I was afraid of! But by the time I got there nothing happened! You'll make it through high school, trust me I'm a Senior this year and I've made it through just fine!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Feb 8, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Most schools have adopted a "zero tolerance for bullying" policy. You might have your parents quietly check into this for you so that you all know who to go to if there is any indication of a problem. My experiences in life are such that I have come to trust this rule of thumb: the fight I am prepared to have, I almost never have. LOL I think of it as a variation on the ol' Girl Scout motto -- funny how that works!
    DiscusDiva Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Liana12
    Hey i am about to go and face year 7 but i am SO scared of high school and not because of the work but because a few girls have been saying they are going to bash me next year and they sound really serious and ive seen them doit to my friends before. i have done nothing and i dont even know these girls i am so scared and i kno that it will be hard to concentrate on my work. i know that there are teachers there to break thing up but they can't always be there when it happens and if i dont end up getting bashed i will probably get teased and thats like just as bad. i really want to know if these things would reall happen to me? I am SO scared and i really would like some advice off experts. what do i do???????

thanks from scared of high school
    Well, I'm not an expert, but I've been there. Most of the time, bullies themselves feel very inadequate with themselves, so they look for those that they feel are the greatest threat to them and try to drag them down. I can't promise that they are not serious about the whole thrashing thing, but one thing you can do is try asking them why they feel its necessary to single you out. They whole teasing thing only lasts as long as you let it bother you. Once they realize that they won't get the same response that they want or usually get, bullies usually back off. Another thing you can do is surround yourself with friends and people who support you. It takes a lot more gall to call someone out in public when their surrounded by their supporters. The other way to stop the teasing is that if they do have the guts to call you out around your friends, try saying thank you, and that was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you. I guarantee that they won't have a response to that one. I hope that high school gets better for you, and that you can vanquish the demons in the hall.
    DiscusDiva

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scared for high school [ 16 Answers ]

I'm going to be a freshman next year and me and my friends are scared ****less does anyone have any advice on high school like what to do and what not to do for us. And are the freshman anything like do all the upper classmen just ignore us or do they hate us or something Please help me out ...

High school diploma [ 2 Answers ]

I gradutated from a christian home school in San Diego,Ca. in 1991. I am looking for a way to find the school or find a web site to locate my diploma.

High School Crush Dillema [ 1 Answers ]

Twice a week , Monday & Wednesday I wake up early in the morning to catch my bus to take me to College, I am not morning person, so this struggle makes it hard however, I am always eager to get to my bus not because I want to arrive early to my classes but to be able see my high school crush. ...

Do I need a high school diploma to... [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't know, witch thread to put this under but do I need a high school diploma to go to a trade school or college class. And how much would it cost to get my diploma online?

High school interns [ 1 Answers ]

I am implementing an internship program for high school students in central Florida.  the focus of the program is to expose/preview career options upon graduating from high school through continuing education.  hopefully the intern will have a better perspective of what they want before they get to...

View more questions Search