Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brit306 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Dependents
    I was just wondering how much money you get back per child on taxes this year.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 05:59 PM
    Depends on how much you make.

Each child's exemption is a deduction of $3,300. If you are in the 10% tax bracket, that means $330 less in tax per child. However, each child under age 17 is also good for $1,000 Child Tax Credit.

Plus, if you make less than about $32,000, your family will qualify for an Earned Income Credit.

If your Adjusted Gross Income hits about $225,000, you begin to LOSE all the personal exemptions for yourself and the children.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 06:00 PM
    What is the EIC amount this year?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 3, 2007, 06:12 PM
    I cannot tell you that off the top of my head. It depends on:

- Your total income.

- How many children are involved.

- Age of the children.

- Your marital status.

Provide that information and I can do a rough calculation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filing taxes with 2 dependents [ 1 Answers ]

I came to usa onmay 21st,if I file tax from June 2006 to dec2006 total-7months@32200/-(4600 permonth gross). According to virginia tax I pay 33% ie) nearly1500 permonth nearly 10,000 for 7months,so if I file in march 2007,I am having dependents(wife on h4 not working&son 5months age) coming in...

1040 NR - Number of Dependents [ 1 Answers ]

Does your wife have an ITIN? If so, you can claim her and your child as dependents filing Form 1040NR. You have not been in country long enough in 2005 to file under First Year Choice. __________________ Hope This Helps! Atlanta Tax Expert AtlantaTaxExpert

1040 NR - Number of Dependents [ 3 Answers ]

I am from India and moved to US in Dec 2005 with my wife and my child. I was not in USA during 2003 and 2004 as well ; I am on H1B, my wife on H4B and my Child is a US National - was born when we were in USA during 2002 Under dependents, (Line 7c), can I add my wife and Child's name (not clear...

Dependents itemized deductions [ 3 Answers ]

I did not make enough to pay my mortgage and Texas including other bill. All were paid by my brother living with me. Can he itemize my deductions in his return if I am claimed as a dependent on his tax return?

Battle w/ex over dependents [ 2 Answers ]

By mid June 2005 I satisfied IRS requirements for claiming my two children as dependents. They lived in my home more than half the year, and I provided more than half their support (NCP not paying support). In June 2005 I was handed a divorce decree stating my ex and I each are to claim one...

View more questions Search