Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kenco24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 04:59 PM
    Changing Stop Lights: 96 Camry
    :confused: How do you remove the tail light assembly to change a brake light on my 96 Camry sedan?
    Do I unscrew the metal covering on inside of trunk?
    Thanks.
    Duh - :rolleyes:
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2007, 09:42 PM
    If you unclip the trunk liner, there will be two 8 or 10mm nuts holding it in place. To the quarter panel side, you'll see 2 nylon tabs sticking through. Pull the tail light assy towards you, then bang it towards the side of the car you're working on. It will pop loose from those 2 nylon tabs. Twist and pull the light socket. Takes a 1157 bulb.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing brake light bulbs on 96 Toyota Camry Station Wagon [ 4 Answers ]

I need to change a brake light bulb in the tailgate of my 1996 Toyota Camry Station Wagon. I have a Chilton's repair guide but it says nothing about the lights in the tail gate. How do I can access to change the bulbs? Thank you.

1989 Chevy pickup turn/stop lights [ 2 Answers ]

I own a 1989 chevy pickup extended cab, and have been having trouble with my right side panel of lights in the back of the truck, I replaced the panel and it worked fine for about 2 months, now when I disassemble and disengage the pigtail connector it will work fine until I step on the brakes and...

92 Honda Accord Dies at stop lights [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I Have a 92 Honda Accord Automatic that is having problems. For the last couple weeks it seems to be idleing low when you are at a stop light or stop sign like in the 500 range. Well the other day at stop it died and about 20 minutes later it started again. Well 2 days after that it did the...

3 lights ran between 2 3-ways, can one of these lights be controlled by a 3rd switch? [ 2 Answers ]

There are 3 lights connected, 2 in one room and the third at the bottom of the stairs. There is a 3-way at the top of the stairs and another in the room with the 2 lights. This guy would like to also be able to switch off just the 3rd light at the bottom of the stairs. I did not dig into this too...

View more questions Search