Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironicsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2004, 06:50 AM
    Windows XP - File Permissions
    So, the other day I finally got bored with "simple file sharing" in windows XP and disabled it so I could actually set permissions on files. My intentions where to disable the guest account from accessing my development folders with all my source code and stuff... I accidentally selected the wrong user, I disabled the "creators" ability to modify the file.

I didn't think this would be such a big deal, because I assumed that the admin user could fix it. So I logged in as admin, and to my surprise, admin can't open that folder either!

Any suggestions on how I can unlock this folder, is there a registry setting somewhere I can delete?

Thanks
    Kevin
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Dec 30, 2009, 07:11 PM

Click Start - Run "net user creators /active:yes"

Or Try Start - Run : lusrmgr.msc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

File permissions [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Expert, Help! I have a MS Word document uploade to an e-mail folder for 'safe' keeping a while ago. Now downloaded on to desktop and or floppy, I am unable to open it with the following suggestions being offered by the computer: >The document name or path is not valid. >Try these...

View more questions Search