Oct 28, 2010, 05:59 PM
    Won't fire up
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 06:03 PM

What will not fire up?
    steveslw Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2010, 06:07 PM
    My question posted before I could finish. Anyway, Ive got a York furnace model #p2mpd12n06401a, when I turn it on the exhaust blower comes on but no flame, the igniter glows like it should. The diagnostic light blinks once indicating "lockout-check furnace". Any help would be great
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 06:19 PM

If the ignitor glows then it must not be getting gas, either bad gas valve or no power to the valve. Do you hear the gas valve click to open, or gas going in?

Oct 28, 2010, 06:32 PM
    Comment on Joshdta's post
    It is not getting gas, I hear some clicks, not from the gas valve. I was messing with it for about 1/2 hour and it lit up once early on, I hadn't done anything yet so I don't know why it fired that once, but I have been unable to do it again
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 07:00 PM

Do you have a regulator in the gas line?

Oct 28, 2010, 07:11 PM
    Yes, I believe there is a regulator. I'm not at the house right now, so I'm relying on my photographic memory.
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 07:31 PM

Sometime if gas company messes with the line outside, or if the regulator goes bad there may not be enough gas to light.

Oct 28, 2010, 07:40 PM
    I'll try to purge the line, and check voltage at the valve. Thanks for your input. I'm heading back over there to try again
    lyler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2015, 08:05 AM
    Just thought I would add my experience to this list-

I had the same problem:
    1. Exhaust fan turns on
    2. Glow plug lights up
    3. Gas clicks on
    4. Wait

Sometimes it would catch at the last second as the glow plug started to turn off, sometimes it would just stop the gas and not light at all.

What I did to fix it was reposition the glow plug so it is about millimeter away from where the manifold and leaning toward the first gas outlet by about 2 degrees. Not so much that it is in directly in front of the outlet though. I think that would probably be too much heat. Now it lights up immediately. I'm not sure if the tilt is necessary, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

At the end of spring last year I had replaced the blower motor. I think I may have jostled the glow plug a little when I did that.

Hope that helps someone in the future.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

97 honda won't start/cranks won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

My fuses are good. car won't fire but cranks and its getting gas. It was fine I shut it off and 5 min later nothing

York 90+ won't fire [ 17 Answers ]

Have a york 90+ upflow 100,000btu natural gas unit, won't fire unless I pull the tube from the combustion motor leading to the pressure sensor and put a vacume on it then it will fire and cycle, any suggestions ?

Truck won't fire up [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1971 International Harvester 1110 Pickup Truck it turns over just fine but will not fire up, just replaced all spark plug wires and spark plugs still won't fire up. I am at a lost here any suggestions

Car won't fire up [ 1 Answers ]

I am having problems starting my peugeot 106, it turns over but won't fire up. I have had a new crankshaft sensor, coil pack and ignition switch, can anyone help please..

95 civic won't fire [ 1 Answers ]

My 95 civic won't start I'm getting fuel, spark, but it just keeps turning over but doesn't fire. It crunk up and ran for a little bit the other day and thought I had it fixed but went out the othe rday and it doesn't do any thing but just turn over any suggestions

View more questions Search