Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 01:12 PM
    What type of bacteria makes termites able to digest wood?
    I doing some research on yeast and a few other things, to try to make a few specialty drinks, and I got to thinking about ethanol/fuelahol. One of the major projects under way is attempting to break down cellulose into its component sugars in order to be able to ferment into usable alcohol.

I later found out that through the use of bacteria, termites and some other insects are able to digest wood, and other high cellulose products. Is there research being done in the cultures and use of these bacterias? Do we even really know anything about them?

May it be that the d-glucose is not the byproduct of the bacteria, or that d-glucose is unusable in efficient fermenting processes? Any enlightenment in this area would be great. I would be willing to conduct a few of my own experiments here if I could find out enough.

Thanks All...

Check out some similar questions!

What solution can I use to mop my wood floors to kill bacteria from animals? [ 1 Answers ]

My cats have a bacterial infection. I have disinfected their litter pans and bedding, sprayed lysol and washed as much as possible. Next are my wood floors. What can I use to kill germs?

Are Wood-skids on basement floor safe from termites? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a wood-burning stove, but didn't order a cord of firewood ... yet... That's waiting for when I figure out how to safely store it. I worked hard all day today lugging 4 skids (wood pallets) to the house via hand-truck, one skid at a time. Their dimensions: Three...

Bacteria h. Pylori I want to know detail about this bacteria? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know about bacteria h.pylori >Moved from Forum Help<

Type of wood [ 2 Answers ]

Type of wood destroying insect is a: a. carpenter bee b. plumber bee c. heater bee

What insect makes the sound of wood in motion? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'd like to know what kind of insect makes the sound of wood in motion. I've researched it constantly but found no answer. Thank you.:)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.