Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nellep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Why do my 12 week syberian hamsters keep fighting they are siblings??
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 28, 2010, 03:14 PM

Because siberian hamsters cannot be caged together, they are solitary animals, and even siblings, or mother and offspring, will fight once they are grown.

You need to separate them, they can fight to the death if they're kept together.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2010, 05:35 PM

Yes, while some do good from a litter for a while, the fighting will just get worst
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 5, 2010, 09:24 PM
    I agree. Hamsters must be kept apart. They will continue to fight until one is killed.
    nellep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 11:05 AM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Thank you for your reply, the hamsters have now been separated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do my 2 female hamsters keep fighting w/ my smallest female hamster? [ 23 Answers ]

I got two female Siberian (Campbell) hamsters a few months ago. I had them mated with my friend's male Siberian Hamster. After a few weeks both of them had babies. Of course I separated them until such time that their babies were old and big enough for all of them to be in the same cage. The only...

2 siblings won't agree to sell home owned jointly by 4 siblings [ 1 Answers ]

I am one of 4 siblings who co-own a lake home that we received from our mother. Two siblings need to sell their share of the property to raise cash, and two siblings refuse to sell the property or buy out the two who wish to sell. Do the two who need to sell their share of the property have any...

Siblings fighting [ 2 Answers ]

My two friends adopted puppies, they are brother and sister just shy of 6 months old, they are well socialized, get along great with my older dog (2 yrs) but get super worked up when they play together and almost always escalates in to a huge fight.. does any one know why this happens?

Arguing and Fighting Siblings [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are the proud parents of 3 daughters, ages 15, 12 and 5. For the last 5 years, our middle child has been dealing with emotional issues which are actually undefined. She has been tested for bi-polar disorder, undergone counseling and has been medicated with just about all the...

View more questions Search