Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevycarzman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Briggs 16 horse 326431 model
    Can someone tell me how to time the cam and crank on my 16 horse briggs engine, The model of my engine is 326431 TYPE 0144-01 CODE 7211221, Thanks
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Just line the marks up... may take a few tries when installing the cam..

Jan 4, 2007, 04:27 AM
    My problem is I don't really see any marks and it was torn apart when I got it. Thanks Again , Walt
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2007, 12:49 AM
    Look closely, there should be some sort of marking... on the cam, and on the crank... near the teeth.

Jan 6, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Thank you , found the marks and got them lined up, One more question and I'm done, I see there is some type of balancer on the cover for the crank and cam outer gear Is there anything to line up there besides pushing up on that cover while installing it, I see no marks on the gears there. I'm new to the post so I don't see the comment on this post anywhere?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite model quiet guard 7 model 665. [ 12 Answers ]

Six month old dishwasher. Worked fine until today - won't start. LIghts are on and control panel seems to be working OK. The "Clean" indicator is flashing in intervals of 7 flashes and then pauses. When I select the "Start" button it flashes red 3 times and then nothing. The "Drain/Cancel"...

Troy Built Horse [ 1 Answers ]

Blade engage goes off after 3or4 seconds. I must turn off and start again, 3or4 seconds goes off again.

18 horse Briggs twin 2 [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older model riding mower w/an 18 horse briggs twin II and I Rebuilt the carb and it ran fine for a little while but now it seems like It is starving for gas! It has spark! Can anyone help me Thanks Bill:

Trojan Horse [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know too much about computers, but I have AVG free for virus control on my PC and in the virus vault it says there is two trojan horse exploits? How do I get these off my computer completely so they aren't even stored in the virus vault? How does one get these viruses?

Trojan horse [ 5 Answers ]

I am running Outlook Express 6 on my Dell PC and have picked up a virus listed as c:\DOWNLOAD.EXE TROJAN HORSE. It has totally dis-abled "WORD" and despite uninstallinig it and re-installing it from a CD ROM I still can't get "WORD" to run. There must be millions out there with this problem. ...

View more questions Search