Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Msnique Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Shower and facet water running at the same time
    In my bathroom the shower runs as well as the facet as if I were running water to take a bath. The water pressure from the shower head is no that strong. What can I do to have just the shower water running?
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

Jan 3, 2007, 03:18 PM
    The spout where the water comes out for the bath has a valve on it. When you switch from bath to shower the lever that you use shuts off the water to the spout.
    The spout is replaceable. On the underside there will be a screw or allan key to unscrew. Once the screw is loosened the spout should be able to be removed.
    Its better to get a new one first from a hardware store and look at how its attached. This will give you a better idea of how to change it.
    They are only a few dollars and it is well worth the cost to replace it.
    Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub facet [ 10 Answers ]

We brought our house Aug. it is 2 yrs old . The extra bath tub hot water does not work but the sink hot water works not sure what to do? :confused: Rhonda

Bad smell from shower and tub when hot water is running [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I know that others have posted similar questions. The smell is becoming worse and I can swear that my eyes burn and I cough when I am in the bathroom area. When the shower or tub hot water is running, there is a burnt foul smell in the air. I have also smelled a rotten egg smell in the...

Hot water keeps running in shower [ 2 Answers ]

My son had a shower after me this morning and when he turned the taps off, the hot water just kept running. I've tried turning the water off at the mains which didn't help. Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but there were too many results to go through. Any suggestions or advice...

Water heater running time [ 4 Answers ]

My power company uses 90 hours for average monthly running time for figuring monthly cost.I don't know for sure but believe basing this on family of four.Now I know might be hard to know being so many factors to figure in.I live alone and hot water consumption is one shower a day.Laundry I do...

Hot water running cold in shower [ 6 Answers ]

We just had a new peerless tankless boiler put in our home. With the old boiler we had no problem with the hot water in the showers. However, when we replaced the shower controls I did have to make an adjustment on the pipes of the oil boiler. I turned a knob on one of the pipes that seemed to...

View more questions Search