Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisakev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2010, 07:09 AM
    Will he get in to trouble?
    I'm 15 and boyfriend is 23 I haven't slept with him yet but if the police found out would they arrest him and because he has other offences do youthink he will go to prison?
    Doit4me Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2010, 07:54 AM
    You may like this boy, but you really need to find a boy more your age! Yes is you sleep with him he will go to jail! Why isn't he looking for a girlfriend closer to his age? I am not saying that you guys might have a lot in common, but think about this, most schools now days won't let kids that are not in school into their dances or any other school function. Don't you want to have your boyfriend there at those times?? You really might want to find someone closer to your age.. that much of an age gap can only cause problems for you and especially for him!! You are considered jail-bait for him for a reason... please, I have seen too many girls get hurt with this situation...
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 08:34 AM
    "Will he get into trouble?" Yes, lawfully he will be considered practically a pedophile if he sleeps with you, and will be sent for some jail time. But look, if he is trying to pressure you into it or if he is being with you and you are starting to feel those type of feelings for him, it might be better if he was in jail anyway, because he is trying to take advantage of you. Whether you realize it or not! Find someone who likes you for who you are not for your young body.

Good Luck,

Javi
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 09:14 AM

It depends on your state's law and how it defines statutory rape.

But, since how he's had other offenses and is dating a girl nearly a decade younger than him, I'm pretty sure the cops would find something to arrest him for, especially if the arresting officers have 15 year old daughters. Your boyfriend isn't very smart.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 28, 2010, 09:48 AM

How difficult is it to find someone who's closer to your age? Why put yourself through such a complicated and most likely illegal situation ?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2010, 09:50 AM

Not only could he be arrested, it does even have to be involving sex, any sexual activity including genital contact can be grounds to arrest him, depending on your state laws... but he could spend time in jail and have to register as a sexual predator for the rest of his life.

Get out of this relationship NOW. You are being used and he has issues.
    VRon1 Posts: 77, Reputation: 10

Oct 28, 2010, 08:52 PM
    You're in a horrible predicament. You should not be with him. He should not be with you. The age and knowledge of life is too vast between you two. He will go to prison for having a relationship with a minor (it doesn't matter if you were 16 or 17); it doesn't matter if it is sexual or not. If and when he does he will get beat up and hurt because people in prison do not like pedophiles. Because, honestly, that is what he is.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 28, 2010, 09:58 PM
    That you are questioning the relationship itself shows that you are smart enough to realize how dangerous this is.

You are a minor, and it is inappropriate and suspicious that he has managed to get this far with you. A man/child relationship, is not legal, morally and otherwise.

The reason there are laws in place, is to protect minors in the first place. But, it is not enough for you to know this relationship is wrong no matter how you look at it, but that society, will not tolerate it. Thus the laws to protect you, and other minors are there in the first place. He is not above the law, or above being held accountable for his actions.

If your teachers were aware of this 'relationship', they would be obligated by law, to report him. I supect that I your parents were aware of this relationship, they would also report him, and rightly so. They have an obligation to protect you, and any kid your age involved with a man, needs to be protected, if even from yourself.

Ask yourself what would motivate a man, to have a relationship with a 15 year old. What do you have, that he could possibly want. Money? Your own apartment? A nice car? I think that if you haven't thought that you are being primed to have sex with him, you need realie that is most likely what is motivating him. If he can't get a girlfriend his own age, there has to be a reason for that. And if a woman won't go near him with a 10 foot pole, obviously you are seen as an easy mark, because you are young and inexperienced.

It isn't okay that you know the consequences of having a relationship with him, and choose not to stop it. To knowingly keep this relationship going, you know full well what could happen, and your choices also have accountability and consequences. You could take a poll right now, and 99.9% of any reasonable person, of any age, would discourage you from keeping this relationship alive.

In other words, if you still have doubt, and continue to make bad choices, don't be surprised when the consequences become unmanageable, and out of your control.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 29, 2010, 04:01 AM

First, it is totally inappropriate for a 23 yr old man to be romantically involved with a 15 yr old child. So ANY sexual activity would, in most areas, be illegal.

Second, I'm wondering how this relationship started and how long its been going on and, most important, what your parents think of it.

We have had hundreds of questions here from girls and woman who got themselves involved with men who have had problems with the law. Many of them now want to take their children and run from such men. Either that or they are stuck with children they can't support and the fathers don't support.

This is NOT a healthy relationship and you should drop it immediately.
    jelly1bean Posts: 50, Reputation: 8

Oct 31, 2010, 05:47 AM
    You seriously need to stay away from him. That is WAY too old. And to answer your question, absolutely would he get in trouble. I am surprised your parents are allowing it. That puts up red flags that he is that old and he doesn't pick someone older, himself. That is really odd, why he can't find a girl his own age. Now, when you get older... say 30 that big of an age difference is not going to matter BUT now it does. Completely. He doesn't seem to be thinking. How on earth would you and him even know each other? Ever heard the word or phrase... "jail bait"? Well, to him that is what you are. Please, do yourself a favor and someone closer to your own age. It would a much healthier relationship. 18 or over forget about it. I just re-read your post, and must have missed the part about "other offenses" um... has he not heard of the 3 strikes your out policy? As a mom, myself I just can't imagine not having a fit and banning you two from seeing each other. I know I would have called the cops, no way would I have a child that dated someone that old at your age. No way no how. She must not know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm having trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought the Jonas Brothers game for Nintendo Ds. I just got to the Stellavator level. I'm having trouble pushing the crates across the conveyor belt. How do you do that?

Can I get in trouble? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I get in trouble with probation if I lie on my job application about the felony conviction?

Does this mean trouble [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend going on two months now has asked me if she can go to her old ex's house that she dated for two years she claims that he is her "best friend" but his dad is going to be there should I be worried and what should I do about it?

View more questions Search