Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cranford88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 08:36 PM
    Can an attorney hire an attorney from his firm to represent his spouse?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 08:44 PM
    It would depend upon whether there was a conflict of interest.

Represent the spouse in regard to what?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 08:49 PM

First why is the husband, hiring his wife an attorney,

If the wife had legal action against her husband, she would be hiring her own attorney, he would not be furnishing her one.

So if he is hiring her an attorney to perhaps sue the spa, yes of course it can be someone from his own firm.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 08:56 PM
    It would be the same as if the attorney sought to represent her himself. If he stands to gain from her, if the transaction or lawsuit or whatever it is works out in a certain way, there would be a conflict of interest.
    If that were the case he couldn't represent her.
    If he couldn't representer her, the attorney with his firm couldn't represent her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

National interest: Hire attorney or do it myself [ 1 Answers ]

Hello every body I am planning to apply to EB2 for a green card. Some friends told me that you better hire a good damn lawyer to prepare you file properly, and increases your chances in getting the card. Others say that lawyers don't do anything besides organizing your paper work, and make...

Can an attorney do this? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband lost his job last year and has yet to find another. Needless to say we have gotten behind in our bills. I am the primary caregiver of my elderly mother who has had a stroke, so I cannot work. I have a debt from GE money bank for $1000. They referred the account to Arrow Financial. I...

Attorney vs no Attorney [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - My husband have hired an attorney to get his green card and other ppwrk going. We have filed for all ppwrk , paid the legal fees, and were in a meeting last week preping for the interview with INS to come in 2 weeks and she decided to make everything look pretty and asked us for more...

View more questions Search