Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrianGio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 05:41 PM
    If I cancel my current ISP, can I keep my Email address?
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Oct 27, 2010, 06:16 PM

Not true. The answer is that there is no definitive answer. It all really depends on the broadband provider you're switching from, and how your email account was set up. For example, an email address such as [email protected] given to you by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) who you pay a monthly access fee to, differs from an address like [email protected] or [email protected] which are free and allow you to access your email for as long as you choose to keep the account open. What the ISP provider will do depends on their individual company policies.

{MOD Note: I hit the wrong button on the rating which has now been corrected-<>}
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Oct 27, 2010, 06:57 PM

Since someone lacks any facts or third party to back up their claims. Try this link to help you decide who is correct. keep email address

Note the following quote"they can disable or delete the specific email address only when if they provide you the email address. And to make sure the email address will not be deleted or disabled by them you need to use the specific email address from them. And for this you need to keep some kind of account running on that particularISP."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone has hacked my email address book and is sending spam email to addresses in [ 2 Answers ]

Someone has hacked into my email address book and is sending spam to addresses from my book. How can I stop this?

Can personal information, I.e. My address - be traced via my email address [ 2 Answers ]

When I send an email using i.e. Hotmail, can the person receiving it retrieve any personal information, i.e. my home address :eek:etc. somehow? If my real name is not displayed anywhere on the email I am sending, is there still a way to trace personal information about me? Thank you!

View more questions Search