Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpmePlz Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2003, 02:33 AM
    Microsoft Word
    Hi, I have to do a essay and I am going to be doing it in Word XP. However, I have to have double spacing after each word. I don't really want to be pressing the spacebar twice after every word I type.

Is there a way that I can confgure Word XP to automatically do two spaces when I press the spacebar instead of only one?

Thanks. :)
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2003, 09:58 PM
    Re: Microsoft Word
    HelpmePlz, hi, well that's easy. All you have to do is go up to the menu at top where you see the big letters B.. I.. U..

On that same menu row, all the way to the right side is the big letter A with a short color bar line underneath letter A. To the right of letter A is a small downward-pointing arrow symbol. Help, do you see that arrow all the way to the right-most margin of this menu row?

IF YOU DON'T, then go up to the top-most menu row, and click on "VIEW", which will expand to a drop-down window box with more options. Then, scroll down to the 4th or 6th line where you see "TOOLBARS", which will open and expand a drop-down option box of its own to its right. With the TOOLBAR drop-down box still opened, click and check on "FORMATTING", and the menu row where you see big letters B.. I.. U and big letter A appears.

To review, your steps should be like so:

Go to top-most menu row-->VIEW-->TOOLBARS-->FORMATTING (should be checked marked).

Now, move your mouse pointer all the way to the most- right little downward arrow, right of big letter A, and click on that arrow. At this point, you next few mouse- clicking steps should be like so:

ADD OR REMOVE BUTTONS-->FORMATTING-->LINE SPACING (check marked).

On the same menu row that you see big letter A, the LINE SPACING symbol with up & down arrows, is the 7th position to the left of the letter A.

Do you see the LINE SPACING symbol? Lightly place your mouse pointer on top of the LINE SPACING symbol, and...

Now, click on the smaller right downward arrow next to the up & down arrows. When the drop-down box opens, click/select/check marked # 2.0.

Whew, it sounds like a lot, but when you go through the entire process again, it will only take you a quick few seconds. :D ;)

diamondlm Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2003, 03:54 AM
    After that last long reply you see that they didn't read your ? I don't think there is a way to double space after every word
    Sry
    elina Posts: 136, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2003, 12:30 AM
    Diamond.. ehee.. it is a long explanation.. how else are you going to explain it without a methodical step-by-step line? At least I'm trying to do my part to help out when ever I can. What about you? Grow up.. If you don't have a better idea, which you don't by the way... then I suggests you keep it to yourself. ;)
    timsey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2003, 11:06 AM
    Microsoft Word
    Hello,

Are you sure that you want to do double spacing after each WORD and not each line? Typically, double spacing is done between lines, not between words.

In any event, if you want to double space lines, you can follow the directions in, what I believe was the first reply to your post (the long one).

If you need to have two spaces between every word, I do not believe Word has a setting for that. However, it can be accomplished. Simply type your document as normal, using one space between all words and between sentences. Then, when you're done, click Edit, then Replace. In the Find what field, press the spacebar once. In the Replace with field, press the spacebar twice. Click the Replace All button and it will replace all single spaces with two spaces.

REMEMBER, do the find and replace ONLY at the end of writing your document. Otherwise, you run the risk of changing 2 spaces into 4, and 4 into 8, and so on.

I hope this helps!
    AsiansOttawa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2004, 10:02 AM
    Microsoft Word
    This is for Word 2000 but should be the same for Word XP

Click on Format\Font\Character spacing\Spacing\Drop down arrow\Choose Expanded\By the number of point you want.

That's all FOLKS

AsiansOttawa
    A+ Technician 8)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help In Microsoft Word [ 2 Answers ]

I have two questions. 1. How do you save a backup copy of a document? 2. How do you recover the text from a damaged document?

Microsoft word [ 1 Answers ]

Why can't I type in Microsoft Word? And when I could type how do I make It stop erasing the words in front of what I type?

Microsoft Word [ 9 Answers ]

How can I develop a Word form with lines so that when I type on those lines they don't disappear other than using control U because that doesn't work. Example: Name: ________________________ Address: ________________________ Now I want to go back and type on the lines. I have...

Need EXTREME help with Microsoft Word Doc [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all... Maybe someone can help me with this because I am about to pull my hair out. O.K. I have a Word Doc that I need to do for my job. It is an 11 page biographical affidavit that will be e-mailed to all employees. They will open it up on their computers and fill in all the questions. ...

Microsoft word 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a contract with is standard except for a few areas. How do I highlight (bookmark?) this area and when I type in the information the space provided shortens or expands based on how much is typed? I've check templates but it gives a box and I don't think this is what I want.

View more questions Search