Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 20, 2010, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I don't mean to hijack, but am I going crazy or what? Am I actually seeing this? Please tell me it's a hallucination...

YouTube - Teenage Dream(with me)

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    Apparently he's a 15 year old dwarf and he's a huge hit. He's had over 1 million hits on his "videos" on you tube. He's been on Jimmy Kimmel, and a radio show, all for lip syncing badly and making faces.

If I knew it was this easy to get famous I would have done it years ago. I can pretend to lip sync and make strange faces. Bring it baby. ;)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 06:04 PM

Well I got the lights up on the house, first time, I never had lights all over the house, even all the peaks, ledges, windows and around the two garage doors. It's pretty cool, I have a remote where I can set the lights to blinking, solid colors, color waves, etc.

I got a few new things so far too; a lighted Christmas Peacock, a beautiful lighted chicken and two chicks and three red lighted bells that are near the walkway that are motion equipped so that when someone walks by there break out in Christmas carols and the lights align with the music too...

After Thanksgiving we will do the tree and all the inside decorating, going all out even more than last year... :)

Love holiday decorating... I think that it offers me some type of therapy...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 07:19 PM

Wow, Stringer! I wondered what that bright arc of lights was in the west after the sun went down. Good thing my bedroom's on the other side of the house!
    Business Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Wow, Stringer! I wondered what that bright arc of lights was in the west after the sun went down. Good thing my bedroom's on the other side of the house!
    :) Turn... slowly... to... the... light...

Hey I not finished yet!

Hee hee, remember that old song "There's a new sun raising up angry in the west"?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 08:10 PM

Stinger, can you please pay me a visit? I'm tired of the redneck christmas lights I put up. Yes, I've been known to use duct tape. :o
    Business Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Stinger, can you please pay me a visit? I'm tired of the redneck Christmas lights I put up. Yes, I've been known to use duct tape. :o
    I would love to J.

Duct tape is an essential along with twist ties, multiple outlets, ladders, many, many extension cords, remote controls, timers, and oh steady balance... :)

I'll be out there tomorrow again.

WG... each night that 'glow' should be brighter. :rolleyes::D;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 09:06 PM

*putting sunglasses on myself and the cats*

How long will the "glow" last?
    Business Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 09:51 PM
    *putting sunglasses on myself and the cats*

How long will the "glow" last?
    Let me check...

Ok, our association rules say that all Christmas displays must be taken down by...

(Are you ready?)

January 15, 2011

And remember, I have only begun.

AND... you are going to get the full glorious effect as my house faces EAST... :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 21, 2010, 10:03 PM

The planes going to O'Hare will get confused.

Will you be selling tickets? (although all I have to do is set up a chair in the back yard and look to the west)

Are you mixing the sacred with the secular?

Ooops. Just got a call from my friend in Frankfort, wondering if the Star in the East has reappeared. Or is this the Rapture?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2010, 12:36 AM
    Do what I do every year. Give them Blue Shop Towels. Every one needs them. Every one uses them. Do you realize how many uses you can find for Blue Shop Towels? Limitless. Besides, one of my best friends works at the Blue Shop Towel factory so I get a whole case, at cost. It's a great gift and everyone seems very happy to get them. Plus, you can clean up the big Christmas mess with them. You know someone is going to drink too much Nog and fall out half way to the toilet and just let it rip all over the hall and the wall. No problem. Got Blue shop Towels on hand.
    Also, I take them hunting with me. Blue Shop Towels are 100% better than toilet paper. Just don't use them at home. They plug the toilet.
    Business Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 03:10 AM
    The planes going to O'Hare will get confused.

Will you be selling tickets? (although all I have to do is set up a chair in the back yard and look to the west)

Are you mixing the sacred with the secular?

Ooops. Just got a call from my friend in Frankfort, wondering if the Star in the East has reappeared. Or is this the Rapture?
    Secular WG, although, that presents an idea for next year in addition to what I already have. I can do half in sacred...

This year I got permission to also use half of each of my neighbors' yards since they don't do much decorating (sad I know :().
    Business Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by magprob View Post
    Do what I do every year. Give them Blue Shop Towels. Every one needs them. Every one uses them. Do you realize how many uses you can find for Blue Shop Towels? Limitless. Besides, one of my best friends works at the Blue Shop Towel factory so I get a whole case, at cost. It's a great gift and everyone seems very happy to get them. Plus, you can clean up the big Christmas mess with them. You know someone is going to drink too much Nog and fall out half way to the toilet and just let it rip all over the hall and the wall. No problem. Got Blue shop Towels on hand.
    Also, I take them hunting with me. Blue Shop Towels are 100% better than toilet paper. Just don't use them at home. They plug the toilet.
    Mag now that's an idea, practical and useful and since I spent so much already on decorating this is inexpensive too... what an idea, I like ideas! :D
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2010, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I would love to J.

Duct tape is an essential along with twist ties, multiple outlets, ladders, many, many extension cords, remote controls, timers, and oh steady balance..... :)

I'll be out there tomorrow again.

WG....each night that 'glow' should be brighter. :rolleyes::D;)
    911 on speed dial too... :D for when you fall off the roof.
    Business Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    911 on speed dial too....:D for when you fall off the roof.
    Did that years ago and broke my neck, I have two vertebra from a dead person now.

I organized and officiated, got someone else to put them up... no second chances you know.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 09:30 AM
    Secular WG, although, that presents an idea for next year in addition to what I already have. I can do half in sacred...
    My kids used to love to go to McDonald's, not only for the Happy Meals but also to be able to drive past a certain house. The owners set up a Christmas display in the yard, on the house, and on the roof that took days to arrange. Every time you drove by, there was new stuff to see. Baby Jesus lay in his manger next to long lines of tall candy canes, Santa hung out near the angel on top of a manger, and drummer boys surrounded camels and wise men (or "wise guys," as my kids called them). Of course, strings of twinkling and flashing lights were draped over and around everything. Depending on weather, the display might last until February or March when it magically changed into Valentine's or St. Pat's displays.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2010, 09:40 AM
    Did that years ago and broke my neck, I have two vertebra from a dead person now.

I organized and officiated, got someone else to put them up...no second chances ya know.
    Ouch... said that tongue in cheek, but yeah... it happens, and two of my classmates from high school are no longer with us because for falling from roofs. In their cases likely helped with consumption of adult beverages.

Luckily you didn't end up paralyzed or worse.

I know it's a fear never far from my mind any time I have to get on my roof to clean the gutters.
    Business Expert

Nov 22, 2010, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Ouch.....said that tongue in cheek, but yeah...it happens, and two of my classmates from high school are no longer with us because fo falling from roofs. In their cases likely helped with consumption of adult beverages.

Luckily you didn't end up paralyzed or worse.

I know its a fear never far from my mind any time I have to get on my roof to clean the gutters.
    Actually that was the original diagnosis however the head of surgery at Rush University Medical Center performed what I call a miracle. I have a 4" x 4" piece of titanium and 6 titanium screws in my neck. No discomfort to speak of although I cannot turn my neck as far as I once did and some little nerve damage where I cannot feel anything in an area near my shoulder. However after the first two surgeons told my wife that I could die or be disabled I am indeed grateful.

Dr Burn did a miraculous job. After wards he did tell me that I had a 50 - 50 chance of surviving at all. So, needless to say I do not get up on a ladder without Marta yelling at me...

Overall though I am doing fine it was seven years ago.

By the way, when someone says that I have 'a screw loose' I do have to check...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prepare a Budgeted Income Statement, Cash Budget, Sales Budget/Cash Collections, Purc [ 1 Answers ]

The CEO of Kingston Cart Inc. asked the Chief Financial Officer to prepare a Master Budget for the next three months, beginning July 1, 2010. The company's policy is to maintain a minimum cash balance of $6,000 at each month end. Sales are forecasted at an average selling price of $70 per cart....

Bathtub traps tight threads can't loosen tight threads [ 1 Answers ]

The threads for the trap on my bathtub are rusted. I can not loosen the plate. Should I use a torch?

My Friend Is Having A Wedding On A Tight Budget [ 25 Answers ]

She wants me to help plan her wedding for the spring 2010 and said that she only wants to spend $1,000 for the wedding and reception. They already have the rings, wedding cake is being done for free, location of the ceremony is free too. But, can you give me any ideas about how to plan a wedding on...

View more questions Search