Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knc143 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 01:38 PM
    What happens to a draft on a checking account when you have a writ of garnishment?
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Oct 27, 2010, 04:30 PM

If you have a writ for the account where you have parked your money, then all checks will bounce if the account is cleaned out by the judgement that also means any automatic deductions like car payments etc will bounce as well
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2010, 04:45 PM

The draft will bounce just like a check normally, but it will not be paid until the garnishment is released, and/or they have been paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Garnishment (Bank Account) [ 9 Answers ]

If A writ of Garnishment is issued by a court in Texas can the plaintiff execute this garnishment on my bank account in New York? I am a resident of Texas but when I moved from New york I never changed banks. My bank is also not available anywhere in the State of Texas. Can the creditor still...

Writ of garnishment on bank account [ 14 Answers ]

I received a writ of garnishment on my joint bank account with my boyfriend. It is from an old credit card debt now handled by attorneys. They did this once before, March 2009 and took our entire income tax return an paychecks after "freezing" the funds. This makes it difficult to even keep a job...

Checking account garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

My checking acct was garnished in regards to a judgement but I haven't received papers on the amount or anything. Is a checking garnishment occur once a month. Is there a limit they can take? Thanks

Changing checking accounts due to writ of garnishment [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to change my checking account because I expect a writ of garnishment to occur soon because I did not pay a judgement against me.How can the lawyer legally get the information my new checking account for now and every time I change my bank account? Can he just keep serving me post...

Writ of garnishment on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Texas. Can a credit card creditor place a writ of garnishment on my bank account for an unpaid debt?

View more questions Search