Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 02:55 PM
    Obama's transparency - it's come to this...
    Treasury hiring FOIA officers 'to withhold information from release to public'

Officials at the Treasury Department’s Office of Financial Stability contracted with a small consulting firm that has given nearly $25,000 to Democratic candidates since 2005 (and no money to Republicans) to hire “Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Analysts to support the Disclosure Services, Privacy and Treasury Records.” The firm is currently advertising a job opening for a FOIA analyst with experience in the “Use of FOIA/PA exemptions to withhold information from release to the public” (emphasis mine, and if that link goes down, The Examiner has kept a copy for its records).

UPDATE: Phacil has changed their job description on their website (without making a note), however here is a link to another job description for the same job that still uses the above as a qualification. They also have not yet returned calls to The Examiner. The side by side comparison of the old and modified versions are at the bottom of this post.

This means that the entire OFS, which is tasked with overseeing the Troubled Asset Relief Program, is trying to hire people who will withhold information from release to the public.
    I don't even know what else to say...
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2010, 02:57 PM
    I though such people were just called public servants
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I don't even know what else to say...
    Hello Steve:

I do. He's Bush on steroids..

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 03:20 PM
    The entire sentence is:
    Use of FOIA/PA exemptions to withhold information from release to the public that is considered classified, sensitive or falls outside of FOIA/PA guidelines;
    It's basically classifying things as secret, something you hold dearly in the last thread though all you talked about was a deranged rapist then.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 04:26 PM

No surprise... despite Obamas lies... he is as transparrent as Mount Everest. And making North Korea look positively open in compairison.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    No suprise....despite Obamas lies....he is as transparrent as Mount Everest. And making North Korea look positively open in compairison.
    So you're saying no documents should be classified as secret?
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2010, 04:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    So you're saying no documents should be classified as secret?
    Not your records in public service or your college transcripts or your income sources if you are in public office. Those have nothing to do with national security.

Most classified documents are classified for a good reason and should be. THere are a multitude of reasons they would be and the average person would not understand WHY they are at face value... Think pieces of a jigsaw puzzle rahter than just a complete print. Just because one is in pieces doesn't mean the individual pieces have no value.

As far as personal details...

After all... every other President has disclosed theirs... as well as most candidates have... John Kerry being a grey area as he never released his until after he lost... and we all know why he waited.

If you are going to be parading around as "The Smartest President we ever had"... (not by my standards he isn't) then you hide college records to prove what an idiot you are... after all, if he was as smart as he claims he is... he would be proud of those records... not working so hard to hide them.

Funny how the left was whinning when Bush didn't release his fast enough to suit them... but ignored the John Kerry refused to release his during the campaign... and now don't see anything wrong with Obama hiding his... because they really don't want the Sheeple on the left to see documented proof of the charade he has played on the Democrats... The Republicans know what a fraud he is... and now most of the Independents do as well.
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2010, 04:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Most classified documents are classified for a good reason and should be. THere are a multitude of reasons they would be and the average person would not understand WHY they are at face value
    That's my point exactly - thank you.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 06:23 AM
    It's basically classifying things as secret, something you hold dearly in the last thread though all you talked about was a deranged rapist then.
    A) I said nothing about a deranged rapist whatsoever.

B) I guess you missed who was hiring, the Treasury Department’s Office of Financial Stability which manages the TARP program, i.e. our taxpayer dollars Harry Reid used to save the world.

C) The hiring is being done by a partisan firm with Democratic ties to hire someone whose apparent purpose is obstructing lawful requests.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 06:27 AM

) I said nothing about a deranged rapist whatsoever
    That would be me ;and I stand by my description of Jullian Assange.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2010, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    That would be me ;and I stand by my description of Jullian Assange.
    Hello again, tom:

Is it possible that deranged rapists can also do good work? I think so. Look at me. I've been deranged, and now I'm saving the world. Hell, I might STILL be deranged.

excon
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2010, 06:35 AM
    That's my point exactly - thank you.
    Yes...

You don't need every piece of a puzzle to figure out what the picture would be if you don't have the box cover... you only need enough pieces. That's the basis of Compartmentalization that certain other individuals refused to look up and grasp. Any piece may be that missing piece they needed.

And why I consider anything that has a cover page saying its classified to any particular level other than unclassified seriously. And why it should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 07:10 AM

Indeed . Combining the info provided by Wiki with the internal info gathered by the enemy may be the connnect the dot moment for them.

You are also correct that details from the resume of an elected official should be transparent. Those are not things reasonably classified ,unless it's information related to that person's service in the country's intelligence agencies ,and it's already classified .
    To wit ,it is reasonable to have the information about the President publicly available... and frankly ,the guy up in Alaska should rethink his stand about disclosure of his own public record. It looks like they are trying to hide something the public deserves to know about their elected leaders.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

Is it possible that deranged rapists can also do good work? I think so. Look at me. I've been deranged, and now I'm saving the world. Hell, I might STILL be deranged.

excon
    Had some time to think this one over this afternoon. I'll revise it slightly to leave out the unrelated 'rapist '. I'll say it's possible for someone who is thought of as deranged to change the world and even save the world .
    I do subscribe to the 'Great Man(person) Theory of history ,and I think there are a wealth of examples where individuals have had the impact of changing the world .To name a few.. Gandhi's leadership in expelling the British from the India subcontinent ,Mandella's efforts to change the structure of South Africa. Lec Walessa's leadership in Solidarity are all examples of individuals having a huge impact in the last century.
    All ordinary men who became great men by their deeds.

Sorry if I say the spy team of PFC Mattingly and Jullian Assange's espionage doesn't reach that level . I'd say it is more in line with Aldrich Ames and Julius Rosenberg.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2010, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Sorry if I say the spy team of PFC Mattingly and Jullian Assange's espionage doesn't reach that level . I'd say it is more in line with Aldrich Ames and Julius Rosenberg.
    Absolutely, the examples you cite were tireless, selfless heroes. These two just love the notoriety. Assange is not just a deranged rapist, he's a deranged rapist/hacker.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2010, 01:46 PM

There has NEVER been transparancy in Washington EVER. This was just an Obama buzz word that he kept bandying about during election "promises" baloney. I knew he was a fraud, fake, charlatan, creep, etc, etc, Are you just now catching on to this garbage ploy?

Next thing you know the "government" will release UFO's are watching the USA! Nothing new there.

The government will never, and I repeat never reveal anything to the general public that could possibly "harm or upset" them. Gosh, to think that Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny don't exist would be a terrible thing for the general public to know. That's about how OUR lovely government treat the citizens of the USA. The government would rather we keep watching American Idol or Dancing With the Stars. They don't WANT us to know the truth as the truth is much, much too "hard" for the sheeple to assimulate as the sheeple may actually wake the heck up and demand the TRUTH in everything! Now THAT would be awful to make Washington's whores tell the people the unvarnished truth about everything! We'd be so shell shocked we'd never leave our homes for fear of our cloistered lives being exposed. Uh, excuse me as I have to double check my TV Guide to see when the next nauseating episode of American Idol is on...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transparency? [ 7 Answers ]

In my thread on Wikileaks excon said, "You guys talk about transparency, but when you get some, you don't like it." So rather than co-opt my own thread let's start a new one on that subject. That Obama, and the Democrat Trojan Horse of 2006 promised over and over they would bring us...

Was this in Obama's infomercials? [ 3 Answers ]

In a January interview with the SF Chronicle, Obama told us he would make energy prices "skyrocket." "The problem is not technical, uh, and the problem is not mastery of the legislative intricacies of Washington. The problem is, uh, can you get the American people to say, “This is really...

Obama's Intelligence? [ 22 Answers ]

Seems to be directly linked to his teleprompter. How could he be shocked at the fact that the US Troops watch Fox News, almost exclusively? He even insinuated that President Bush must have issued an executive order making Fox the only channel available to the troops overseas! Is he really...

Printing onto transparency paper [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I've got to do a presentation on Thursday. Have come to print off the OHP slides onto transparencies today and they are smudging and smearing everywhere it's a mess! I have set my printer settings to presentation and to print on transparency paper but it hasn't made a difference... Is...

View more questions Search