Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishgal424 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2010, 06:38 AM
    Suppose you just won the lottery and you have a choice between receiving a 20-year
    Annuity of $250,000 or $2,550,000 today, with the first payment coming one year from today. What rate of return is built into the annuity? Which one would you choose and why? Disregard taxes.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 06:41 AM

Not considering return... if you took an annuity and died next year... the money stops. If you take a cash payment its yours and your heirs would get it in your estate.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2010, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    irishgal424 does not find this helpful : I need help with the calculations before deciding which option to take
    Try reading the site rules pertaining to comments...

There was NOTHING factually incorrect with what I told you.

In fact.. YOU made a factually incorrect statement by failing to say this was a homework question you wanted us to answer for you in your post. And THIS isn't the homework forum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you won the lottery what would you do? [ 178 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm just curious, if you won, let's say, 2 million dollars in the lottery, what would you do with the money? I would buy 40 acres of land, build a house and start a No Kill animal shelter. This is my dream and I'm working on doing this even if I don't win the lottery, although...

My email have won a lottery is it a genuine [ 13 Answers ]

Hi... I am sravan... 2 days a go I got a mail from ">EMAIL REMOVED<" mail. So I responded with the detials given and I was surprised seeing that.. according to the details in that my8 ID's was screened by computer among 900 crore mail ID's from diffferent parts of countries.. I have...

What if I got a email claming that I won the lottery? [ 2 Answers ]

I got an email that told me that I have won money. And three weeks later I received money but then when I call them they told me to go to the bank so they can send me the rest of the money I don't knoe if it's a scam please help

View more questions Search